Fungus Forest ANSWERED

Sombrar +1

Fungus Forest ANSWERED

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Good afternoon, I wanted to post here an idea I had recently, basically it can work as a mega for myconids or something that replaces those buildings that allow you to recruit units from other races. The idea itself is a building or something like spreading fungi over a vast area, in a way in a forest where the myconids would create something like their own biome, a forest infested with fungi where it would give rise to Biological aberrations with the rapid advancement and development of fungi.

Description: With evolution seeking to increasingly propagate their spores by sporulation, they became capable of contaminating vast areas at an extraordinary speed,It is not known for sure how this species appeared, but something that is common is not to approach it without some kind of protection, even if this does not prevent the imminent death of the curious.

This building can work as a research center if it is a mega or something that summons creatures and that can enable more units when researching the appropriate technologies.

Sorry for the long text, I just wanted to present an idea I had for fungi :)
Last edited by Sombrar +1 on Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midonik

Re: Fungus Forest

Post by Midonik »

I dont think we have a solid idea for the myconid mega.
So its a forest building?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

the idea is that it resembled a forest, because as they are fungi it makes a bit of sense that they would use forests to reproduce on a large scale, absorbing the forest and starting to create something similar to a biome of their own, as if they were trying to create their own planet with their characteristics, it would only be a start, but an idea can also be used for some other special building if you prefer.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Its a building tho, not a terrain, right? Cause terrain can be built too.
The problem with this as a mega is that megas have attack, it would be unbalanced for the myconid one to have none. I dont see how what youve described would attack.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

It wouldn't be a land but a real construction, only the way I imagine it would be, it would also be a change in the land, but it's just a construction,but I didn't really think it would really have any attacks but it would be more support of nearby myconids, it would have a healing ability and another one to summon a unit if it's feasible and it would also have an aura where any flesh and blood unit that enters the radius would be contaminated, basically similar to that debuff of contamination where the unit loses -8 Hp per turn or could contaminate as soon as the mega was attacked melee, perhaps a stronger contamination.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

another option would also be a healing ability and a self repair but not as strong but it would make it harder to destroy and it would make a bit of sense too as it would be similar to a biome with its own health.

Return to “Archive”