Cordydeceptor

Darkhunn

Cordydeceptor

Post by Darkhunn »

Or Cordyseptor if a slightly shorter name is better.
Cost: 4
Hp: 10
Power: 1
Range: 2
Actions: 1
Armor 2/2/2
Speed 3, hovering
Psychic resistance 80%
Dominator Spore: Infest an enemy unit and seize control, (30% conversion chance) cooldown 1

I'm unsure if a conversion ability is more suited to the Myconoids or if there was an option to change a successfully "converted" unit into what it would be if it were defeated and then raised- (I'm not sure if that's mechanically possible or redundant, given other units.)

Based on the rather horrific real-life "mind-control" fungi cordyceps, which infect insects in terrifying and impressive ways.
"I assure you I will not kill you,"
"I know that," said Vimes. "But will you try?"
-Terry Pratchett, the fifth elephant
Midonik

Re: Cordydeceptor

Post by Midonik »

We already have multiple conversion units for myconids (or maybe it's only one, the death cap, I can't remember). I'm not sure whether this can be unique enough.

if there was an option to change a successfully "converted" unit into what it would be if it were defeated and then raised- (I'm not sure if that's mechanically possible or redundant, given other units.)
I was considering this, after consulting with the developer it even seems possible. I don't know if I could base it on what the corpse dropped by the unit would be rised into, we only considered a single unit type. Also we were thinking of making it delayed (as in the parasite fungi needs time to grow) but that's really stupid because the enemy can just delete the unit. Im not fully sure instant forced transform will work (mainly because I never made an effect like that) but it probably can?
I think plain conversion makes sense and we might embrace the simplicity on this one.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

U could do it like this, after conversion by parasite it transforms into a pseudo-zombie state, belonging to the myconid using player but it cannot move, it will have 0 attack and one action and can only use the action to transform into fully controlled zombie state which will have a few turns cooldown

The player whose unit was converted will have the chance to kill the zombified unit before it is fully converted and used by myconid race

By expanding this concept we could make more expensive techs with possibilities to convert bigger and more powerful monsters which also take longer time for full conversion as well as higher hp during pseudo zombie state

Enemy races could also have techs to reconvert pseudo zombie units back to the units of their own race, but such technologies and units will b much more expensive than myconid conversion playstyle, so it cannot b misused too many times and only to save the most important units
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I dont know if u watch the expanse series, but there, some blue alien parasitic substance terraformed a whole satellite city along with the people living in it to use it for its own kind, so myconid can definitely have the option to expand in this playstyle, converting both living beings and machines alike, and even in the space battle, the planets they capture could b shown to b directly transformed into a terraformed myconid planet
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

And you can not block or remove the button to remove a unit for the duration of the effect?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Anchar wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:12 am And you can not block or remove the button to remove a unit for the duration of the effect?
Discussed this with the dev of course, problematic
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I mean psedo zombie transformation would already belong to myconid so original owner cant delete, only kill or attempt a different healing conversion spell unique to their race to retransform the zombie back into their own unit, the opportunity for this conversion attempt will only last until full zombification, so the category for healing conversion is pseudo zombie, and same race as original race

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Remember when I said "we might embrace simplicity on this one"?

I will think about myconid conversion more when the time comes.

Return to “Planetary”