Mycellium: tile improvement IMPLEMENTED

Darkhunn

Mycellium: tile improvement IMPLEMENTED

Post by Darkhunn »

Mycellium is a root-like substance that can often look like veins or skin growing around from fungi. I figured it could make an excellent tile improvement, maybe working a little like a road, but it could have any number of effects in addition or instead, including:
-Slowing enemy units
-Draining enemy health/healing own fungal units
-Just being their version of a bridge (maybe mobile, like the elf bridge from AoF!)

Interestingly, some fungi are said to be useful in cleaning up radioactive fallout and other toxins.
"I assure you I will not kill you,"
"I know that," said Vimes. "But will you try?"
-Terry Pratchett, the fifth elephant
Midonik

Re: Mycellium: tile improvement

Post by Midonik »

This is for planetary battles only, not for space, I assume? If so then it should be moved. Please read the topics linked in the must read topics in the introduction before making suggestion thanks.

I do like the idea of it being a tile improvement. Having a different road for myconids sounds interesting, although I'm not sure if it would make sense for mycellium. Maybe if we had it alive an able to pull stuff along which I guess could make sense. Slowing enemies would work for that too.
Draining enemy health I'm not convinced about, healing myconids I think would be good. They could use the mycelium to obtain nutrients from the ground, seems good.
For bridges I think we have a different suggestion already.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Darkhunn

Post by Darkhunn »

Apologies, I'll be more wary of the introductions in future, I'm a bit rusty in my forum etiquette, I did not mean to be rude.

Do I need to delete and repost this to move it and your reply, or is this some work I've created for a moderator? Sorry, mods, if that's the case.
"I assure you I will not kill you,"
"I know that," said Vimes. "But will you try?"
-Terry Pratchett, the fifth elephant
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Dont worry, I will do it. Its not a big deal. I wanted to clarify the nature of the suggestion and avoid this in the future.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I thought about that too. It would be unique if the ground around the myconids was infected, giving bonuses to their fighters and making debuffs to enemy fighters, and it would also be nice to make analogues of self-building bushes from the AoF in parallel with this.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

it would also be nice to make analogues of self-building bushes from the AoF in parallel with this - we can give this to some of suggested defenses - they ones that weren't very good like mushroom outpost and/or mushroom field
Anchar

Re: Mycellium: tile improvement WAITING IMAGE

Post by Anchar »

How should this be done? Should I just draw them as a biome inside the grass? Do I need to draw on a different background if so? Or will it be like a road?
Midonik

Re: Mycellium: tile improvement WAITING IMAGE

Post by Midonik »

It will function similar to a road. So must look good on all grounds.

Return to “Archive”