Shriketrooper (heavy debuffing infantry)

Darkhunn

Shriketrooper (heavy debuffing infantry)

Post by Darkhunn »

Cost 4
Hp 24
Power 14, physical
Armor 2/4/4
Range 2
Speed 4,
Psychic resistance 0
Spells: Impale; fire a rocket harpoon into an enemy, pinning them to the ground and slowing them (25 power, physical cooldown 3)

Alternative names: Shrike
Shocktroopers borne of a doctrine of swift and decisive attack, these fast-moving impalers dart into heretic lines, pinning high value targets to the ground so that they cannot flee righteous avian judgement as their unholy lines break under beak and claw.

( I tried to balance speed, power, armour and cost, but would like to hear opinions as I am unsure.)
"I assure you I will not kill you,"
"I know that," said Vimes. "But will you try?"
-Terry Pratchett, the fifth elephant
godOfKings

Re: Shriketrooper (heavy debuffing infantry)

Post by godOfKings »

Wait doesnt the unit in this game especially infantry usually stays in groups of 3? Can the ability impale all the soldiers in the unit?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Darkhunn

Post by Darkhunn »

That's a good point. I was just trying to get across a sense of the real-world Shrike and it's behaviour of impaling prey, coupling it with an ability I thought would fit a bird-like attack strategy.
Maybe it would be better as an EMP infantry?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Considering that shrike cant impale all the soldiers in a unit, we can simplify the status effect as a speed debuff, may b 1 or 2 speed debuff caused partly due to some soldiers r impaled, and some r trying to help remove the harpoon from their comrades so together the overall speed of the unit decreases
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Darkhunn

Post by Darkhunn »

I like that flavouring! It makes sense, and works with larger units, still.

Return to “Planetary”