Trigger Add ObjType to Buildables for Player 1 ANSWERED

Here you may find answers to your questions.
Hyacintho

Trigger Add ObjType to Buildables for Player 1 ANSWERED

Post by Hyacintho »

I'm designing a map for AoF. Among the triggers I am using are the "Add ObjType to Buildables for Player 1" which I assume is used for spawning units inside structures, like wagons and fortresses. I know this because I made a map for AoS which used the same triggers. On that map, they successfully filled two siege towers full of Roman Legionnaires and multiple guard towers full of swordsmans. However, these triggers don't work for AoF. I tested this by making a map with only wagons and towers, and using these triggers to spawn units inside of them. It didn't work.
Am I wrong in my understanding of these triggers, or is this a bug?
Thanks.

UPDATE: Just tested this on AoS. It didn't work. Let me research this a bit more, something weird is going on.

UPDATE: it's no longer working on the map it used to work on. Was I seeing things, is my understanding of these triggers completely false?
Or has something got broke?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Trigger Issues

Post by Stratego (dev) »

nothing weird: that trigger is for defining what type of units are able to be trained for that player in that map. (eg if u want to make a map only for roman units, you can restrict the map to build only that.)

proper use if u want only a few units to be trained):
clear buildables
add unit to buildables
add unit to buildables
add unit to buildables
add unit to buildables

this way.
---------------------

if u want to fill a TC with units, you can only do if u make some trigger to "move" some units inside on first turn
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

Sorry, I just remembered there is a description inside the help menu for triggers. I just got done reading it, and now I feel like an idiot.

However, I still have 2 questions though. What was I seeing on that map when the triggers first "worked,"
and I wonder if there is way to make a trigger which achieves the effect I mentioned above, about filling all "empty" buildings with a desired unit?

I'll answer the first question myself.
The 2nd one is the one I wonder about. An entirely new trigger.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i have already answered the second too:
if u want to fill a TC with units, you can only do if u make some trigger to "move" some units inside on first turn
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

Sorry, I didn't understand. Thanks for the help!
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

@Hyacintho
Hyacintho wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:15 am filling all "empty" buildings with a desired unit?
@Hyacintho
https://youtu.be/4MSCkUWqGvA

I think this video that I made before can help you.

You can use this method to fill empty slots in buildings one by one.
Hyacintho

Re: Trigger Add ObjType to Buildables for Player 1 ANSWERED

Post by Hyacintho »

My internet is so bad I can't load up the video, but I found out what to do.
I used the "change Obj Position to XY" effect, which I assume is waht you used in the video, and it worked! I can now make progress with my map. I plan to change my entire campaign for AoF, and triggers like these are going to make it much better.
Thanks!

Return to “FAQ”