Early Expansion -- How?

Here you may find answers to your questions.
Morberus

Early Expansion -- How?

Post by Morberus »

i am really interested how experienced players expand on the map.
what units do you guys build?
when do you start building workers / laborers?
is there another solution than cavalry to expansion?
any thoughts would be highly welcome, since i am a new and very inexperienced player. :)
thx alot in advance :)
b2198

Re: Early Expansion -- How?

Post by b2198 »

Morberus wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:51 pm what units do you guys build?
For buildings: At start, depending on the map and settings, I usually build an advancement center or a blacksmith to get my researches going ASAP
For units: usually 1 light cavalry and 1 laborer for 2 TC starts, for bigger starts it depends on the map, settings and who I'm playing with or against
Morberus wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:51 pm when do you start building workers / laborers?
I usually start making a laborer by turn 0, to have a built factory by turn 2 (or to help with the second factory, if many starting units), after that I keep making builders and laborers for the rest of the match as needed (I usually like to have at least 2 builders + 1 laborer before getting all my factories built).
Morberus wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:51 pm is there another solution than cavalry to expansion?
gaelic warriors, guerillas, skirmishers and barchas longas/caravels, but usually light cavalry and both hussars are the fastest and easiest ways to expand by land before encountering your opponents.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I'd there are tcs in bundles and also some more further away, don't use you scout cavarly to capture all of the bundled ones, capture only one and make the cheapest tc capturing unit in it to get the rest. You cavarly should in the meantime push further instead of wasting it's time.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

For early scouting (without light cavalry), investing scout dog and gaelic fighter is my preference.

And try not to engage early on unless you sure you'll win some unit or trade more value (that is, opps lose more important unit than you).
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Morberus

Post by Morberus »

thx -- that was a lot of very valuable advice. :)

Return to “FAQ”