Building formula ANSWERED

Here you may find answers to your questions.
b2198

Building formula ANSWERED

Post by b2198 »

So, I know already that when building something, the amount of hp that it gets is equal to
<mend rate of the builder> * <construct aff. of the thing that is being built, or mend aff. if it's already completed and is just being repaired> (right?)
but there is a reduction to that number that happens when multiple mend actions are performed on the same thing on the same turn. What is the formula for building that includes that reduction?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Endru1241

Re: Building formula

Post by Endru1241 »

The formula you think of is right.

However about reductions - there are none.

Sometimes mend display could be not precise enough, but there shouldn't be any reductions.

Precision:
Mend affect rounds to percentage, while in unit definition this value can be e.g. 0.126
Also - HP is displayed in full numbers, while real value may be different.

Not sure how it's rounded - give me example of unit, that you noticed anything wrong with, so I can check.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Endru1241 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:29 pm However about reductions - there are none.
Really? I thought for sure all this time that there was something like that o.O
Endru1241 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:29 pm Sometimes mend display could be not precise enough, but there shouldn't be any reductions.

Precision:
Mend affect rounds to percentage, while in unit definition this value can be e.g. 0.126
Also - HP is displayed in full numbers, while real value may be different.
Oh, oooh, that makes sense
Endru1241 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:29 pm Not sure how it's rounded - give me example of unit, that you noticed anything wrong with, so I can check.
I was just trying to calculate amount of actions required with/without ambidextria and with/without the mend buffs for some buildings. Now it makes sense to me, so, for example, with both masonry and massive walls, a cannon tower would have a real construct aff. of 101.25% (50% * 135% * 150%), instead of the 101% it shows? And a builder with ambidextria would add 15.1875hp on each mend action, instead of 15.15hp?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Assuming it has exact 0.5 on start, then yes.
To be sure I'd have to check assets or my spreadsheet.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Return to “FAQ”