Bullet antmen

Alienx

Bullet antmen

Post by Alienx »

Bullet ants have a very painful sting, some say it is compared to the pain of being shot, this is due to the venom it injects through its sting, imagine how powerful that sting would be on a human sized bullet ant.
They could implement it as a 3 turn high damage unit, the prey mantises have 16 damage with their 2 actions, this one could have similar damage (a bit higher might be) but only has one action (optionally they could also add poison).
places where they can be produced: it would be in barracks and the pupas can also metamorphose in them.
How I would like their appearance to be: they do not bring weapons, their weapon is their jaw, reddish black, light armor if possible, it should be larger than the other common ants and with a more noticeable jaw.
Well I thought that's all, you can put the rest of the statistics, I would put them but I don't know about statistics, even so I would like to contribute pixel art but I don't know how to make one, even so I'll give you my idea to see if you like it or it works as a base for another type of unit, having said that you can change it whatever you want

I'm looking for an app to start practicing pixel art, which one do you use?
Midonik

Re: Bullet antmen

Post by Midonik »

Pixly is a simple mobile phone app for pixel art. You can ask me if you need an existing image as a base (it's easier to edit than start from scratch and we need a somewhat consistent art style).

My main concern with this unit idea is that it seems to overlap with the mantises a lot, which usually means that only one of those units (the slightly stronger one) would get used in mp matches, and I would prefer to not add units like that. Especially since I'm worried that pupas' abilities will not fit on the screen.

We'd need a way to make this unit a valid choice in some cases over similar units (while the other units have their own niche too). I don't think that the difference in action count is important enough since we don't have that many highly armoured infantry units. They would also both have the physical attack type.
I was thinking that perhaps they could have stun on hit? As in, their venom is so painful it paralyses enemies (or it just paralyse enemies).
Alternatively, maybe we could make this not humanoid, but a big creature - we don't really have a strictly anti infantry one right now I think. That would also remove the pupa concern. It's only that it might be strange to suddenly have a non-humanoid ant when they are the conscious core of the insectoid faction I guess.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Anchar

Re: Bullet antmen

Post by Anchar »

I use Pixel Art because it is translated into my language and I also found it more convenient.

Return to “Planetary”