bee man sub branch

NatureWater

Bee guard

Post by NatureWater »

Hello,Bee Guard is a Bee whose trained intensively and gain pretty much strength than normal bee...
I dont have good stats....
:D :D ..I may thinking of make my username to Flame!
Alienx

bee man sub branch

Post by Alienx »

a new type of unit for the insectoids, something like the grays of the reptilians would be similar to the ant men but flying, that would allow them to have a good air control, I feel that good ideas can come from that sub branch
Anchar

Re: bee man sub branch

Post by Anchar »

Alienx wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:24 pm a new type of unit for the insectoids, something like the grays of the reptilians would be similar to the ant men but flying, that would allow them to have a good air control, I feel that good ideas can come from that sub branch
I wanted to propose something similar, I think you need to write this not here, but in fractions (like a subrace for insectoids) or in technologies (for example, the technology of their discovery, like the technology of dinosaurs in reptiles), you could also write the ideas of units, and their skills.

Personally, I think that it would be possible to give 2 consecutive technologies:
1 Bees - they will be able to fly in their composition, it may be possible: flying builders, flying medics or buffers, arrows (in 2 moves), possibly some anti-tank units.
These are the ones that came to my mind. You can also give each squad of bees a passive build or self-healing skill as a feature (like the elven lembas in the AoF)

2 Wasps and hornets - also flying units, but more fighting, wasps can be made up to 4 speed (for bees up to 3) and a passive poisonous attack; Hornets could be huge flying units (like a large turtle lizards for example)
Alienx

Post by Alienx »

We thought the same, I was thinking that there could be bee soldiers with the stinger ability, they commit suicide in exchange for hurting the enemy and poisoning him, and they could also have an investigation so that they do not commit suicide but the ability has collapse. Thanks for the suggestion, I am new to the page and did not know where to post my idea.
Alienx

Post by Alienx »

do you know how I can create an image of the units? I have an idea what they would look like
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Alienx wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:04 am do you know how I can create an image of the units? I have an idea what they would look like
Do you mean in what program can you draw? or permission? In any case, everything is in the rules that are better to read, so as not to anger managers with the same questions endlessly (and not to be ashamed of yourself in the future).

In any case, I personally draw in Pixel art (due to the fact that it is translated into my language), but a lot of people draw in Pixly, the resolution of images for AoG is 64x64 pixels (for giant creatures it can be 128 in height), it is also necessary to superimpose the color of the pink team on some details of the image under the code FF00FFFF (it is also rumored that you can change the brightness slider for this color) or just copy the color of the team from the existing ones images.

Nobody will mind if you try to draw (especially for AoG)
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

By the way, there are many places on the forum where there are images of existing units, but if you are not comfortable looking, I can send you the ant infantry or any other image to redraw it. Also, if you are interested in the forum, there are topics marked with the inscription "Waiting for images" where you can also try to draw.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Antmen should be the only sentient species in the insectoid faction. I think we can have beemen as genetically modified antmen, similarly to roachmen. There was also a suggestion for a flying big creature wasp, that would have a debuff related to their venom (here - viewtopic.php?f=169&t=10830). The beemen could be flying soliders that apply that debuff.
You guys keep saying "flying", but do you mean flying like grey jetpacks or flying antmen, or flying like the planes, so air units? Cause I wouldn't like to add flesh and blood air units to insectoid without a good reason, simply because they wouldn't be able to compete with jet aircrafts. Flying units that can be fit by ground units can be flesh and blood, like the scorcher for example.

Also I personally don't like the word sub race.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Well, I don't know what the author had in mind, but I meant a semblance of winged ants (or gray ants with backpacks), only unlike them, bees and wasps would have more classes (for example, anti-tank, anti-air), I think this is something similar to prehistoric dinosaur genes in reptiles.
Phantomstriker

Beeman

Post by Phantomstriker »

Genetic modification of antmen giving the ability to make a short flying ant the sting but dies if use it and is a last recurse
Stats
Cost 3
Hp 35
Atack 10
Arm 2
P arm 1
Speed 3
Sight 3
Actions 1
heal aff 100%
Build on barracks only
Abilities
Sting
Damage 10
Bonus 50 % against infantry dies at cast spell
I like the strategy games i like age of strategy
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Merged because very similar. I'm not yet fully sure how to approach this, it doesn't really seem like a bad idea though to have bee-like genetically modified antmen.
I have my doubts about how useful that ability would be, given how its effect is pretty weak. I understand that it's meant to be only used when the unit would die anyway, but it seem to me you'd be better of trying to retreat. Or using normal attack and having an opponent waste an action finishing the unit off.
The other stats you proposed are a little uninspired (I feel like we could make something a bit more interesting with bee men, like applying some debuffs when attacking, healing/buffing/building or something like that) but also quite high for Insectoids.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Maybe make them an allied race?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

They're so similar to antmen though. Look at roachmen for example, these can be genetically modified like those.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Yes, but the winged ant already exists. In general, it's all pretty funny, to expose other species of insects as a mutation of ants.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Beemen could have some other unique point than flying.
I fail to see teh homour.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Well, for now, judging by the suggestions in this thread, their peculiarity is stinging bites after which they die.

It could be interesting if they fight like ordinary ants for some time, and with critically low health they can make an enhanced blow posthumously, and given that they will fly, it will be difficult to hide from them.
Phantomstriker

Re: Beeman

Post by Phantomstriker »

Phantomstriker wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:35 pm Genetic modification of antmen giving the ability to make a short flying ant the sting but dies if use it and is a last recurse
Stats
Cost 3
Hp 35
Atack 10
Arm 2
P arm 1
Speed 3
Sight 3
Actions 1
heal aff 100%
Build on barracks only
Abilities
Sting
Damage 10
Bonus 50 % against infantry dies at cast spell
Maybe 80% or 100% bonus against flesh and blood not too op because are flying but more slow than a winged ant
I like the strategy games i like age of strategy
Phantomstriker

Post by Phantomstriker »

Beeman combat medic
With corporal modification changing sting for a syringe it gain the ability to heal but need to storage the medicines in is abdomen making a easy target to enemys
Stats
Cost 3-4
Hp 20
Atack 5
Armor 0
Speed 3
Sight 3
Abilities
Cure
Heal 5 live
Maybe honey ability
Dont make honey antman obsolete more costly and more easy to kill