undead dragon summoning — ARCHIVED

Alexander82

undead dragon summoning — ARCHIVED

Post by Alexander82 »

After skeleton monsters and the new phantom units I'd like to add the new skeletal dragons instead of current one with 3 different spells (to summon drake, dragon and wyrm)

One thing I also wanted to make for its summoning through spell is to switch from corpses to actual skeletons.

Even though it might seem a nerf that would actually have the following benefits.

1) skeleton moves, corpses don't. It will be easyer to manage sacrifices position.
2) for reason 1, it will be much easyer to cast the spell near the battlefield by using almost dead units
3) that allow us to save the corpses we'd like to keep and only recycle the units we have less use for.
4) since reanimation works on a wide area we might easily dispose of units we didn't want that ended up in the middle of the lich's range.

it also has an obvious disadvantage

basically you need to cast a reanimation spell before summoning a dragon so if you have only one lich and want to summon a dragon you can't if you have just corpses.

I still think that using skeletons will provide more benefits than downsides so I'd go for it but since I know we have a lot of hardcore undead players I'd like to know what you think about it.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Anchar

Re: undead dragon summoning

Post by Anchar »

I did not quite understand the 4th point. I am in general for this idea. This will increase the mobility of the undead army and now the 1st stage skeletons will not get in the way, but will be useful.
Savra

Post by Savra »

I'm for this idea, undead focus on spamming with mass amounts of units anyway, and sacrificing units to get a better unit isn't nothing new that the undead can't handle. To me, who never really used the summon Dragon ability due to the handicap, this will make the ability more useful.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Anchar wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:25 pm I did not quite understand the 4th point. I am in general for this idea. This will increase the mobility of the undead army and now the 1st stage skeletons will not get in the way, but will be useful.
just to avoid reanimating something you don't want that might stay in the middle of your base (it might be annoying in small maps). This way you can just use it for summoning. It is true that you can destroy it but if you can recycle it it will be still better :D
Age of Fantasy design leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Get this ball rolling in the right section here, here's my mod's.
Attachments
Skeleton Dragon summons.png
Skeleton Dragon summons.png (7.29 KiB) Viewed 995 times
Danny

Post by Danny »

Would have greatly appreciated the fans in need of thinking
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Dragon summoning is changed.
Topic is archived.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Votes and Polls”