UD suggestion

AizenPT

UD suggestion

Post by AizenPT »

All following suggestions are my opinion based on pvp games and playing vs myself. Also most things are balanced and good , this is only based on my experience.
In this topic I focus on UD only.

UD needs a building similar to Ork pile of rocks , could be pile of bones. Main reason is keep lich or key units alive and endure rush players

UD skeletons main strength is on numbers , but as construction turns are right now , some factions can just rush , if UD don't have space to get graveyard towers/ digger ,they don't have allot advantage , and on small maps force on numbers is not granted XD

UD could use a kind of healer , I like eating corpse but is literally maybe eating a better unit than the one using the skill

Vampires are usually faster than skeletons they could be considered fast as cavalry , and weak vs fire , bat form a bit faster also. Also the girl vampire could be a bit stronger than skeletons. vampires never liked fire anyway XD
AizenPT

Re: UD suggestion

Post by AizenPT »

Note: English not my native language. Sorry
Savra

Post by Savra »

Undead will get phantoms that can give the unshielded mages a bonus to both armours, but I believe undead did have a siege tower like unit that would be buildable by workers known as the flesh tower. It's mobile and I believe occupilable.

I actually had planned to make a structure for undeads that would count as a free factory, but it would take a while for it to develop into a factory (12 turns at most) with no means of speeding up the progress at that. Till then it would just be a tower.

I believe vampires pack might include a healer but I think that the undeads main focus is numbers over survivability in terms of their base units. We could give them a form of healer that could use a healing spell that works similar to "pain and hit" but instead of damaging enemies it would target allies instead and would be more like "pain and heal"

Vampires are fast, so I believe giving them dodges and 4 speed might be better for them and more suitable as well, but this might happen when the undead get their vampire pack.
AizenPT

Post by AizenPT »

I like allot your ideas they sound really nice. Knowing that most of my opinion is obsolete now XD maybe "pile of bones" a cheap weak early game protection . Bone tower (7) is a bit expensive just to protect key units.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

AizenPT wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:34 pm All following suggestions are my opinion based on pvp games and playing vs myself. Also most things are balanced and good , this is only based on my experience.
In this topic I focus on UD only.

UD needs a building similar to Ork pile of rocks , could be pile of bones. Main reason is keep lich or key units alive and endure rush players
I think you can already shelter casters inside the bone tower, isn't it?
AizenPT wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:34 pm
UD skeletons main strength is on numbers , but as construction turns are right now , some factions can just rush , if UD don't have space to get graveyard towers/ digger ,they don't have allot advantage , and on small maps force on numbers is not granted XD
I am not a huge fan of small maps either, anyway in that case your numbers should come from other player's corpses. Anyway even in small maps there should be enough space to build some graveyard towers (or to place grave diggers)
UD could use a kind of healer , I like eating corpse but is literally maybe eating a better unit than the one using the skill
No, I can confirm that undeads won't have healers

Vampires are usually faster than skeletons they could be considered fast as cavalry , and weak vs fire , bat form a bit faster also. Also the girl vampire could be a bit stronger than skeletons. vampires never liked fire anyway XD
Vampires will be expanded (and current one will be changed as well, especially in terme of image). They will all have an ability to drain hp from a target (instead of their current passive lifelink) and more abilities.
Age of Fantasy design leader
AizenPT

Post by AizenPT »

All true , and vampire rework sounds great:) I think bone towers (7 turn) as only hiding place available is ok but ... If you eventually found rush players like me you will understand XD
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

We will later update all buildings during building update.
Their hps, construction and mend rates (and thus indirectly their cost), armors. In some cases also attack and range as well as maybe adding new abilities.

Firstly we will make all factories to have unified hp among 3 variants: low/normal/high. For now planned values for them are 90/100/120 hp respectively.

Walls and fortified towers (bone tower in case of undeads) will also get rather large boost to their defencive abilities. Non-fortified towers (for example graves, blood fountains) will become "other buildings" and will have different category type for bonuses (weaker bonuses to them, comparable to factories).
Megas also will be changed.

Until that please do not suggest any changes to existing buildings or new buildings just-because-you-got-another-awesome-idea. They will be ignored.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

btw, I forgot to tell you that we are also planning an invisibility spell for the lich that will probably be more effective than a defensive building (considering how casters are likely to become pincushions)
AizenPT

Post by AizenPT »

Well thanks for the information. Indeed cool stuff you guys have planned
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Thank you ;)
AizenPT

Post by AizenPT »

No need to thank me. The true is you guys good and know make real games. If I had money I would hire you all :)
Savra

Post by Savra »

Wasn't the lich also supposed to get an ability were they could summon a soul collector (money courier) from a corpse?

Also undead still need a 1 turn unit, if I remember correctly wasn't the zombie supposed to be turned into that?

Their was also another ability I remember the lich had suggested for it which was the "lich's promise" which was supposed to give skeleton workers a bonus action or something to that effect.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Savra wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:20 pm Wasn't the lich also supposed to get an ability were they could summon a soul collector (money courier) from a corpse?
There was a suggestion for a specific unit as far as I remember, at the moment wasn't on my to-do list but maybe in the future (undeads generally rely on corpses for extra production though, so I'd continue toward that way for now)
Savra wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:20 pm Also undead still need a 1 turn unit, if I remember correctly wasn't the zombie supposed to be turned into that?
speaking with @makazuwr32 we were thinking that 1 turns unit might not be needed for undeads (though we planned a tech to make zombies cost 1 and we were considering the 2 zombies from one corpse spell)
Savra wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:20 pm Their was also another ability I remember the lich had suggested for it which was the "lich's promise" which was supposed to give skeleton workers a bonus action or something to that effect.
I remember that lich promise was an upgrade for workers, not for liches.

We won't make that one anymore as they will get tiers and will obtain better stats like every other worker/labourer
Savra

Post by Savra »

They could still use a money courier unit to help speed up their costly techs, and the costly units like death knights and skeleton ball. Also if you add the taverns that require money courier units to get units undead would still need them. Just make a soul collector that could spawn wandering souls out of corpses and we could use the souls as money couriers.

The zombies idea sounds good enough.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

My only concern there is that a soul collecter could psawn a courier every turn.

Maybe it could have a CD like the one for orcish scavenging units (those are being made instead of pillaging techs)

If you want you might make an image for the soul collector and another for the soul/courier and I can try making it in one of the next versions.
Savra

Post by Savra »

I could make the wandering soul, lynx already made the soul collector though.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Idk about the soul but here's both of them.
Attachments
Wandering soul.png
Wandering soul.png (1.24 KiB) Viewed 1987 times
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Ok, thanks.

I suppose we can make it similar to the grave digger (same cost/cd and this way they could be used together to make extra tc production).

I can also make a tech to unlock wandering souls production in tcs or maybe crypts (like elven/orcish techs used as a requirement for their couriers).

I have already an image of a crystal ball and that could fit well.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Will humans be getting additions to their courier btw? Because it seems that in the end everyone else will have more ways of getting money couriers then humans who would have to rely on tc's only. Maybe we could give the human faction an ability to build small towns that could produce money couriers every 3-5 turns, they wouldn't count as tc's or factories though. Just one of those special fortifications like the graveyard tower and blood fountain.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think we should use different topics anyway xD
Savra

Post by Savra »

Ya, this is extending far last it's welcome. :lol:
AizenPT

Post by AizenPT »