Phantom corpses vulnerability to projectiles

Savra

Phantom corpses vulnerability to projectiles

Post by Savra »

I feel that phantom corpses should be invulnerable or at least mostly invulnerable to projectiles, the exception here would be ones like catapult stones, crusher ball, magic in general, and volcano attacks.

The reason being is that the corpses just are way too easy to destroy and an arrow makes no sense on destroying such things because I'm pretty sure your technically supposed to scatter/destroy the armour and arrows and the such are more likely to bounce off due to it being metal. Also they already are quite vulnerable to many other things like looting or being reanimated on the opposite team if facing other Undead's.

My suggestion is to raise the ranged dodge to either 100% or 50%.
Alexander82

Re: Phantom corpses vulnerability to projectiles

Post by Alexander82 »

The idea was that their corpses were just more difficult to dispose than other corpses (that can be just stepped on), requiring you to spend attacks to prevent their resurrection.

In my opinon having to use 2 attacks to dispose of these corpse should be fair enough (also spells would still hit 100% the time).

@makazuwr32 what do you think about that?
Age of Fantasy design leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

I'd still prefer the enemy have to destroy it up close though or through magic and the such over simple projectiles like arrows. That way it gives off the impression that they are disposing of them correctly rather then using it as target practice. Aside from that most likely the enemy is likely to have a unit near the corpse anyway to destroy it.

But if you want to try that first, the phantom die hard tech needs fixing then so that the phantom corpses gain +1 to there health rather then +1% to hp.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

That is something that only @Stratego (dev) can fix
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry i dont understand what is the request to be coded.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

If you make it add 100% hp, as all of the affected units have one, it wilk achive the same effect right? So I don't think Stratego is actually need here.

Tho overall it's something we already discussed @Stratego (dev) - making the hp increase thru techs by numbers, not percents.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

https://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic ... 06#p108006

On prop change effects you need to make hp to provide a linear increase of health points and hpPercent to provide an increase in % oh health points.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Midonik wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:50 pm If you make it add 100% hp, as all of the affected units have one, it wilk achive the same effect right? So I don't think Stratego is actually need here.

Tho overall it's something we already discussed @Stratego (dev) - making the hp increase thru techs by numbers, not percents.
Yes but that should still be corrected, cause it is needed on other effects (also we need to be able to combine linear increase and % increase).
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I think slight dodge ranged can be given but not 50-100%. at most 20%.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I'd rather give him some extra hp with further techs but that is a problem that requires the replacement of powerbase with armor piercing
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, Alex please email me the requested feature and alos put into "needs" section, as i can not follow here.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

ok
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

For now set as answered.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Other”