Changes to volcanic orc towers. - ANSWERED

Anchar

Changes to volcanic orc towers. - ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

Since ancient times, Orc towers had a range of about 6 units and did not have range improvements, this was compensated by their attacks in the area and high damage. Now, with the improvements that are being made in the city center, they are comparable to human towers in terms of range, only at the same time their attack remained igniting in the area+ these towers are quite strong because of this it is very difficult to break through the orc defense, despite the fact that their entire army is 1.5 times stronger.

I believe that there shouldn't have been any improvements to the orc towers at all, the orc defense has gone from just strong to too strong.

My suggestions:

1) Remove area attack.

2) Remove incendiary damage.

3) Add friendly damage.

4) Reduce the range of the towers.
Alexander82

Re: Changes to volcanic orc towers.

Post by Alexander82 »

It was made to make them grow progressively (with initial range being lower than before, to make it weaker early game).

I remember all techs required to be rather costly tough. In most of cases players invest more into attack (otherwise you won't have enough production to both research and produce units).
Age of Fantasy design leader
makazuwr32

Re: Changes to volcanic orc towers. - ANSWERED

Post by makazuwr32 »

Anchar wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:11 am 3) Add friendly damage.
Requires coding from stratego and thus is not possible.

Also this is not what we need anyway and because will have very low priority (probably 3-30 years later it could be implemented though).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Anchar

Re: Changes to volcanic orc towers.

Post by Anchar »

Alexander82 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:39 am It was made to make them grow progressively (with initial range being lower than before, to make it weaker early game).

I remember all techs required to be rather costly tough. In most of cases players invest more into attack (otherwise you won't have enough production to both research and produce units).

Considering that all Orc technologies are in the center + the strength of the Orc units allows them to hold back the onslaught of large enemy forces + Orc builders build volcanic towers quite briskly, this gives them the opportunity to build towers in advance, and then drive opponents out of the territories after increasing the range
Alexander82

Re: Changes to volcanic orc towers. - ANSWERED

Post by Alexander82 »

So what if we made these specific techs into the shaman's hut? We might actually consider these effects as being magically augumented.

Also later I will make all effects scaling with levels (like spitfire, magic arrow and so on), so the single target attack will be later scaled as well (thus it will be initially lowered).
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Other”