Reducing all orc armor - ANSWERED/IMPLEMENTED

Anchar

Reducing all orc armor - ANSWERED/IMPLEMENTED

Post by Anchar »

Reducing all orc armor

Against the background of the future update of the armor in the game, I propose to make the armor of the orcs lower than that of humans and gnomes, as it looks strange that the armor of the orcs is currently higher than that of humans. Orcs as far as I understand these are barbarians and their armor technologies should not be better than humans, given that humans improve armor in forges and orcs in centers.Orc armor should be a weak point for orcs.
Alexander82

Re: Reducing all orc armor

Post by Alexander82 »

Higher than humans? I think they are mostly even with humans having a higher peak in values (especially shieded humans). Anyway Orcs aren't that low technological in what is related to warfare and part of their armor is actually natural armor (from their thick skin, even more for trolls) and, since they are strong, they can wear thicker armor parts unlike other races (e.g. in lotr the mithril used by elves is not stronger than steel but much more lighter, and thus can be weared with less effort).

One thing we were considering if that overhaul will be accepted by players is to make slightly different rates of increase in some cases (for example making orcish armor increase less and hp increase more).

Another thing I woud add in is for humans to have some armor at base (as most of human units are already wearing armor).
Age of Fantasy design leader
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

The difference in the armor of people and orcs for the maximum degree of progress is spent only by one unit ( In some parts, such as orc archers, armor is higher by one) it seems to me that the difference should be higher, given that the orcs have higher attack and life. If their armor is so thick, then it must therefore be heavy and then should be reflected in the characteristics of speed or attack.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

In that specific case the extra +1 armor on the orc archer is due to the racial trait of the orc skin tech. Also remember that the orc archer costs 50% more than a human archer and has -1 maximum range.

About the last part of your post, it is not that their armor is thicker to the level to encumber them, it is thicker cause they are stronger and can wear heavyer armors without any downside (e.g. the same armor might be heavy for a human and impossible to wear for an elf).

Anyway any change won't take place at the moment (and won't ever take place if the upscaling won't be accepted).
Anchar

Re: Reducing all orc armor - ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

No, I told you just without the technology of skin, with skin the armor is 2 more, for people an archer in 3 turns has the same armor as an archer in 2 turns + an orc archer has a large attack and life + with a general faster development of his orcs range is comparable to that of a human
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Orc archer has 0/0 armor at base, 1/1 at elite level and 2/2 at master level. Orc skin provides 1/1 armor.

Are you saying that orc skin provides 2/2 armor at the moment?

If that's the case it is not meant and will be corrected.

About the longbowman (I assume you are speaking of him), he costs more cause it gets an ability for extra range and damage, also the longbowman was a legacy from AoS and when we changed it we were between making that change or completely remove the unit itself, so I think it is probably not the best unit to take as an example.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

3 + 1/3 + 1 orc archer armor at 3 stages with leather
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I've checked the json and the tier 3 had wrong values.

Armor for tier 3 have now been reduced to 2/2 as it should have been already.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

archer for 3 turns does not have an increase in range for people.He is like a regular archer in 2 turns with a lot of damage.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Anchar wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:25 pm ... with leather
What you mean with "with leather"?

Orcs wear iron/steel chain+plate armor at tier 2 and burnished steel/darksteel plate armor in tier 3
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Anchar wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:30 pm archer for 3 turns does not have an increase in range for people.He is like a regular archer in 2 turns with a lot of damage.
Please open a topic for that unit if you are suggesting changes.
Anchar

Re: Reducing all orc armor - ANSWERED/IMPLEMENTED

Post by Anchar »

under the skin, I meant technology, just the translator translated the word differently
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Ok.

Please open a specific topic for the longbowman, also try not to make a massive use of the translator cause it makes really hard understanding of what you write.

I suggest you to try using a simpler english but avoid the translator if not to know a word meaning.

Also stop calling humans as "people" as it is a wrong use of that term and might bring confusion to other readers.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I can't help but use a translator because I don't know English.

As for thick armor, if orcs can run in it on a par with people because they are stronger, then it seems to me that their damage should not be higher than that of people, since armor should hinder their movements making attacks equal in strength.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

In the end they wear the same degree of armor (2/2 as for human armors), the extra 1/1 comes from their skin (that they can't peel off).

I still suggest you to try to learn a simple english as it is something good you might get by spending your time online.

Return to “Archived - Other”