Balance: too many orcs - ANSWERED

desatixix

Balance: too many orcs - ANSWERED

Post by desatixix »

Hello everyone Now many players consider orcs the most powerful race, but for some reason you continue to invent and accept units for them. The last units on the forum were several more variants of Uruk. When will the orcs be weakened, because we are waiting for this(
haha,the orcs do BAM BAM
Anchar

Re: Balance: too many orcs

Post by Anchar »

I support. I have already written several topics, but I am waiting for the fix of the goblins on bats first.
Alexander82

Re: Balance: too many orcs

Post by Alexander82 »

Proposed units and implemented units aren't the same thing.

At the moment we are trying to implement the same amount of units and techs in every version of the game. Even if there are more proposals on a race compared to the others, that won't change the amount of the implementations they will get.

About balance there'll be a poll soon on the board regarding an important change for the game.
Age of Fantasy design leader
desatixix

Re: Balance: too many orcs - ANSWERED

Post by desatixix »

okay
haha,the orcs do BAM BAM
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Also, btw, other races like, let's say, elves, already have like 20/30 units pending (e.g. all the mounting variants of their units that will also be available as standalone units that you can recruit).

Anyway aside these cases I prefer unique topics for every unit.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

The answer for this game is only to wait. Btw ive been waiting for almost 2 years. Its not like i cant defeat orcs but best vs best; orc pro would still win.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

And I have been waiting 3-4 years and confirm that the orcs are consistently stronger than other races.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

If you want change, then suggest or support the ideas of others, then we will be noticed.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Anchar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:47 pm If you want change, then suggest or support the ideas of others, then we will be noticed.
I do though. But most of the changes i want are already in their plan. The others of mine are not really in the plan so rejected
Savra

Post by Savra »

Personally, I think one nerf that wouldn't be so bad for orcs is a reduction in all archer, throwers and the goblin cannon fodder.

Basically, all throwers should have the same range as the goblin bat rider who has range 2 at start and max range 4, trolls can start at 3 though, being that they are larger and can throw farther.

Archers could get a range reduction as well, for example goblin archer could start with range 4 and end with range 6, while the orc archer could start at range 5 and end at range 7. Meanwhile the Uruk archer could have range 6 at start and end at range 8, and so on.

The cannon could get a range of 6 at start and end at range 8.

Basically, the orcs don't need to compete so well with other races in terms of a ranged fight, their ranged power can remain the same but the reduction of their range will be their compensation.

Generally I was thinking something similar for watercolors being that there main source of ranged units use blow darts so it should work out fine.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I disagree with the reduction of ranged units. I think that all races should be able to reach at least range 9 with elite archers and 7/8 at base. Humans and elves can already go past these ranges and later they will get (especially elves) extra opions to either increase their range and grant extra damage.

About complaining about the waiting time I can only answer that I already spend a lot of time planning and implementing things for AoF with the help of a small amount of other players that support me with suggestions, images and feedback on how thing works (most of the time spent is mostly dedicated to check and correct bugs). None of us have AoF as a work and none of us can stay all the day behind the screen to keep up with the expectations of every player.

The fact that many forumers asked badly to implement other races didn't help at all (it is already difficult to keep the pace with the starting 4 races and the more you add the more difficult will be to balance things).

The only way to keep the balance in my opinion would be to just make races to be a reskin one of the other so that stats are the same and noone complains.

All the changes we might add sooner or later won't make elves to hit strong like orcs nor will make humans walk by 4 tiles or undeads cast healing the same ways human do and shoot arrow like elves.

Some races will still be more straightforward than others and others will have more options but require a better strategy to win (e.g. even with future implementations you won't be able to just make elven swordsmen to face orc swordsmen and see them getting an easy win but elves will still require to rely on their own tactical advantages that will be less straightforward than run toward the enemies and hit). so that won't change unless we totally change the game.

If you all think that reskinning is the way I can start today to disassemble the game and make all the races the same (obviously things that are too tied to specific races, like reanimation spells, should be removed).

Return to “Archived - Other”