The lack of a quickly trained invader on the water at human - ANSWERED

Anchar

The lack of a quickly trained invader on the water at human - ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

People have a fleet, they wrote to me that in updates this fleet will be strengthened, and also people can be placed inside these ships, which will possibly increase human power in the water.

But there is one problem and this problem is that all these ships, sailors, shipyards, and even boats require a lot of production costs. these costs would be justified if people had an equal number of urban centers with the enemy. In order for the centers to be, they need to be captured.But how do you manage to capture the centers if to produce 1 boat from the city center near the water you need to spend 4 turns, and to produce this boat from the bare shore you need a builder costing 3 turns + 3 turns to build a shipyard + 4 turns to produce a boat = 10 moves, I did not count how much it takes to build a boat without a shipyard, but I'm sure that too long.
For comparison, elves have a mermaid available in the city center in 3 turns, skeletons in the city center have a pirate skeleton in 2 turns, orcs in the city center have a water goblin in 1 turn.

From this it turns out that no matter how much you strengthen the ships of people, they will still lose in the race to capture urban centers on the water, and as a result, they will have nothing to build a fleet of, no matter how strong this fleet is.

I think this is a problem of balance and I offer my ideas:
1) Add a cheap unit to people that could walk on water and land, personally I offered a fighter with a mini boat or a wineskin like the Assyrians, also the game already has a decorative shark man, if people have tamed dragons, then why can't they have a shark man?These fighters should be weak and should not be in competition and also have a cost of 3 turns in the city center and the shipyard.

2) Make new types of boats that would be built in 3 turns by the builder, or, as Midonik suggested, add a boat in 2 turns in the city center and the shipyard, but his suggestion does not completely solve the problem as it seems to me.

3) Revise the quick-build water units of other races.
Namely :

3.1) Move fighters of this type exclusively to their respective buildings: all water goblins in a water building, a pirate skeleton only in its reef, elven mermaids in its lake for mermaids. Prohibit their manufacture in the city center, which will reduce the pace of their production.

3.2) Reduce the speed of all water units to 1-3, which should give people time. I'm sure that no one including me will support this option, but I wrote it all the same.
makazuwr32

Re: The lack of a quickly trained invader on the water at human

Post by makazuwr32 »

We have currently in mind for humans 3 additional transport ships with costs 1/2/3. These transports will also have reduced hp and thus reduced construction speed by workers. Cost 1 and probably 2 ships will not be affected by additional space upgrades (so permanent carry capacity 1).

Also new upcoming things for humans and elves in this and/or next few updates:
Mending ship for humans — water variant of human worker
Merman worker (wip name for now but you know that nothing is more permanent than temporary) — water variant of elven worker
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Re: The lack of a quickly trained invader on the water at human

Post by Alexander82 »

I've made images for those 3 ships to cover costs 1/2/3.

All of them will be buildable as well.
Attachments
Rowboat.png
Rowboat.png (2.76 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
Rowboat up 2.png
Rowboat up 2.png (3.01 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
Rowboat up 1.png
Rowboat up 1.png (2.99 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
raft.png
raft.png (3.22 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
raft up 2.png
raft up 2.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 1090 times