Goblin Change Proposal - ANSWERED

Anchar

Goblin Change Proposal - ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

1)Goblins Spearmen and Goblins Halberdists need to lower their stats. It is logical that orcs are stronger than other races, but it is not logical that goblin spearmen have more health than human ones and compete with dwarven spearmen for 3 turns, and also have ranged attack technology for 6 turns for free. They need to make ranged attack technology with a spear studied separately, and also reduce lives to the level of skeletons or at least people, and also make less armor than humans.Even by their appearance, it is clear that they are weak and not stronger than humans and dwarfs.

2) The goblin on the bat should be excluded from training in the city center, leaving him only in the goblin building.

3) I believe that the scout and the fire spear thrower should be goblin units and not orc, it is difficult to kill an orc with a fire spear with the help of archers due to the fact that he has many lives same as with orc scout.

In general, the goblin sub-race should be weak in itself and act as a support orcs, and the orcs are supposed to be exclusively striking force with swordsmen, heavy cavalry.
Savra

Re: Goblin Change Proposal

Post by Savra »

1) Goblins and orcs aren't really much different (a goblin is just a shorter orc) the one thing goblins and orcs have over other races is that they were literally breed for fighting, in turn it is natural for them to be stronger then other races, also a goblin is roughly the size of a human and only appear shorter because they're always slouched. Another point to bring up is that they live in extreme environments that lead up to such a resilient race. Orcs upgrade system also is supposed to work differently then other races, undead for example don't even have a reach tech and get they still have means of working around it by use of stronger spear units who have that 2 range.

In terms of comparing to dwarves, dwarves the only reason that is the way it is, is due to dwarves base units costing 1 more then other races. A 3 turn dwarf unit is supposed to equal to a 2 turn unit of other races it's part of the "slow start up", for them.

2)I can agree on this one, I don't see a Pegasus rider in the tc, nor a eagle or gargoyle in one either so the bat rider could be moved back to just the goblin camp.

3)I did propose a goblin scout instead of a orc scout earlier, but they wanted their to be an equal number of each, personally I thought that orcs should be the main brunt of the race that uses melee as primary and throwing weapons as secondary while archers and spearmen be left to the goblins but things took a different path... I just dealt with it accordingly.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Orcs, trolls, giants, uruks, goblins, water fighters are all too strong subraces. I believe that the orcs should have a vulnerable sub-race in the form of goblins who win in battle not because of their physical qualities, but because of their cunning.Even if goblins aren't as weak as they look, they shouldn't be stronger than dwarves and humans.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Current units won't be changed but I think we can either move the batrider to the goblin factory or add some more flyers at base to the other races. We'll discuss it.
Age of Fantasy design leader
makazuwr32

Re: Goblin Change Proposal - ANSWERED

Post by makazuwr32 »

I support moving bat rider to factory only for now.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Other”