The aquatic parts of the orcs are too strong - ANSWERED

Anchar

The aquatic parts of the orcs are too strong - ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

Orc naval units:
1 are strong - as they have good stats, ranged fighters, 3 tier upgrades, and even naval cavalry.
2 Very affordable - they can be hired right away in the city center, they have a fighter that costs 1 turn.
3 Mobile - they have good speed and can walk on land which ensures success in capture urban centers, as well as support for ground forces.
4 have no competitive opponents or even analogues among other races

I think there are too many points in favor of these fighters.
1 point. I think you can leave for the orcs
2 point. I propose to remove these fighters from the city center and leave them in a special water barracks.This way the Orcs will have a delay in the speed of capturing city centers in the form of the need to build a building.
3 points. you can reduce the speed of some units, but most of all I would like the water goblins to remove a unit costing 1 turn, since it greatly simplifies the capture of centers.
4 point. Analogs of different races are inferior to water orcs in strength and mobility, a person does not have a fighter at all who could cross the water obstacle and capture the city center, and building boats is too long a task. I propose to give people some kind of unit solely for this purpose.
Savra

Re: The aquatic parts of the orcs are too strong.

Post by Savra »

Actually every other race will be getting an update to their navy later, elves for one will have a new navy unit that also corresponds with their mounting tech that grants and altogether grants them an additional 9 more navy units.

Undead will be getting a kraken and a abyssal monster skeleton that will be added to them and their base skeleton pirates I believe were to get a tech that grants them flintlocks.

Humans navy does not work the same way as orcs will (no one's navy is the same, orcs ones are just copies of land variants with a few tweaks) humans can build their navy with workers and can carry more in transports and will eventually be getting a builder boat that will despair your ships out at sea and most likely build naval fortifications and the such, dwarves will work in a similar manner but with tuffer ships and a slightly different means of producing them.

Elves merfolks could get dodging techs to increase their effectiveness.

In the end, orcs navy just has the cheap cost going for them in comparison to other races (it won't be that way for long when scaledfolk get updated I think.) Humans have the ability to build theirs anywhere their is water and don't have to worry about tc's and the such being near water but rather just the use of workers. Merfolk are a double up of both ranged and melee fighters, plus I'm the future I think they will be having more spellcasters. Undead can actually use their entire army as a navy but in general they have one of the most powerful naval unit in the game which you only need to get one out to start before you can start mass producing them through the use of its summoning of treasure ships, plus workers can build them. I would agree on removing them from goblin tents and orc tents as well as tc's so long as their not near water since they dwell on such places and only allow production of such units in these places if said structure is near a water source. The 1 cost Merblin seems fine since it actually has no bonuses and is just their to hold a point at cheap cost.

Return to “Archived - Other”