Remove orc upgrades from city center - ANSWERED

Anchar

Remove orc upgrades from city center - ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

When playing against orcs against humans, orcs always move to the next stage faster than humans, this is due to the fact that most of the basic technologies of orcs can be learned in the city center, while humans need to build buildings before starting to study their technologies and to build buildings you need to train builders, from which it turns out that the orcs move to the next stage faster.

For example, to move the orc to stage 2, it is enough for them to put in one center for the improvement of the orcs for 6 turns, in the next center for the improvement of cavalry for 4 turns, in total, as I understand it, 6 turns with 2 centers will come out and will increase all the orcs and cavalry.

For humans, however, you need to make 3 builders in 3 centers in 3 moves, after which build a barrack or cavalry and put a 6 move improvement, which will take 1 turn, after spending 2 moves on the alternate construction of forges, in the last forge there will be an improvement that coincides with 6 improvement from the stable, in the end there are only 10 moves with 3 centers to improve only cavalry.

I propose to make it so that the improvement of the orcs and cavalry occurs only in the corresponding orc buildings, just like the improvements of the goblins in the goblin buildings. It will be logical and will be a step towards balancing the orcs relative to humans (yes, if you count the undead too)
Savra

Re: Remove orc upgrades from city center

Post by Savra »

Actually, this I believe was already planned because orcs were supposed to eventually get a blacksmith like area were all their upgrades that aren't like goblin about or orc skin, would be set.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

That change is on hold for now.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Makazuwr your link isn't working.
It says 404 Not found.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is working for me.
Only problem here is when stratego changes from "/forum" to "/forum1". In that case it surely will not work well.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

All racial units upgrades are already to the respective buildings, so you can't already upgrade orcs without a good variety of buildings.

Since we are undergoing a good amount of changes on the building's side I think that other techs can be moved elsewhere later.
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Other”