Balance: Remove the ability for orc giants and trolls to walk on water - ANSWERED

Anchar

Balance: Remove the ability for orc giants and trolls to walk on water - ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

Orc giants and trolls in ancient times, due to the lack of a fleet, were endowed with the ability to walk on water, at the moment the orcs have types of troops aimed at water battles, but the feature of the giants has not been removed + the giants have become stronger and they have ranged fighters.
I think it's not fair that armored siege fighters can swim, I can't imagine a huge troll in armor floating somewhere in the ocean and simultaneously throwing stones at the castle, this is not logical and does not correspond to the balance.
My ideas:
1) Remove to giants and trolls all or in extreme cases ranged fighters the possibility of ranged combat.
2) Impose a debilitating effect on giants and trolls, that reduces their armor to 0, removes all useful enchantments, and prevents them from attacking.

For comparison, the giants of other races do not walk on water, or the races have no giants at all. Dragons on foot and flying are vulnerable to archers and cannot compete.

Also, a stone thrower can be distinguished separately, which is comparable to a trebuchet of people but walks 3 tiles on land and on water and, unlike a trebuchet, which, in addition, is weaker and needs to be unpacked.
Midonik

Re: Remove the ability for orc giants and trolls to walk on water.

Post by Midonik »

I think it's not fair that armored siege fighters can swim
I have to correct you there - they don't swim, they are big enough to walk on water while touching the ground. So it does make sense imo.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

This makes sense in shallow water, but in deep water where ships sail, the depth, it seems to me, can change up to 5 or more floors of a house, where ettins, rednecks and stone throwers do not even lose speed. Even if they walked along the bottom, their speed should have been lower like that of the undead.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Anchar wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:26 am This makes sense in shallow water, but in deep water where ships sail, the depth, it seems to me, can change up to 5 or more floors of a house, where ettins, rednecks and stone throwers do not even lose speed. Even if they walked along the bottom, their speed should have been lower like that of the undead.
Agreeable - They should atleast lose speed in deep waters or have no movement there at all.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Giants will continue walking water (later they won't be able to enter ships and will get different speed values on shallow waters and deep waters).
Age of Fantasy design leader
Anchar

Re: Remove the ability for orc giants and trolls to walk on water. - ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

More precisely, the giants will continue to "run" along the bottom of the ocean and in one move destroy all your ships with sailors inside, as well as throw stones from the bottom of the sea. Is it really impossible to at least reduce the speed of the nearby giants, and remove the ability for the stone thrower to walk on water? because a troll javelin thrower cannot walk on water.

At the moment, the water forces of the other races cannot compete with the orc land forces.
Anchar

Re: Balance: Remove the ability for orc giants and trolls to walk on water. - ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

sea - land forces *
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Balance: Remove the ability for orc giants and trolls to walk on water. - ANSWERED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i made subtopic for all balancing suggestions. we collect here all posts that tells us to check when we run a new balancing week.

also here is the previous balancing week main topic too

Return to “Archived - Other”