How to defeat the orcs playing on humans? - ARCHIVED

Anchar

How to defeat the orcs playing on humans? - ARCHIVED

Post by Anchar »

The situation is this, I created a map of Millersland with 3 inrocs, chose a person, 2 player is also a person 3 orcs. I started in a good place at the top of the map, managed to move to the forests on the left. From below, across the river, there was an orc, I saw a rider on a bat and thought that I would easily kill him with archers, but since this unit is quite thick, it has a little armor and the archers do not have a damage bonus against him, then I could not kill him with 2 or 3 archers. I started to develop into drakes and did a lot of builders and built large towers on the border, but unkillable flying horsemen 1 with a burning stick destroyed this tower by 95 percent and set it on fire. In parallel with this, the orc made fire spear throwers that were already in iron, I pumped my archers to iron too, but also to no avail, since these orcs are not considered infantryand to kill one you need to have 4-5 archers, naturally there are shamans behind non-pedestrian pallet throwers which need to kill 2-3 shot, it is dangerous to retreat as the flyers will seize the centers, to sit in the centers is suicide. I wrote to another person to unite and he agreed, he also said that he also has goblins flying on bats on the border that terrorize better than the Nazgul of Gondor. We met with an ally in the forest on the left of the map, but this is useless since it would drive the orc from (and he has at least 3 centers there, according to my data) We do not have enough infantry strength, it is impossible to try to capture with cavalry, since in 1 it is not there, in 2 it is not pumped, in 3 the enemy made riders with spears in 3 moves and destructive efficiency, and I'm sure he already has excellent 2 range spearmen and more powerful than any other spearman. At the moment, his orcs are pumped to the 3rd degree, he has merlocks of the 2nd degree,Orc commander who walks on the water. His flyers captured the center from the edge and shoot at my "mega" buildings which are built of dynamite on a campaign, and are almost destroyed with 1 burning stick. My plan to spam with drakes that worked with other races is failing, but I don't know which plan is better, if only spam by archers.Also with a dragon rider of 1st degree, I hit a flying goblin, most likely 2nd degree, dealt 11 damage to him, lost 7. As for the magicians who should be the answer for the orcs, they are still in the project and I don't know how they can help me with their useless tricks. I would like to know what you would advise me in my situation in order to repel the onslaught of the orcs, or what I should have done initially. I think it was necessary to start spamming with archers and build more forges, But since the card is blind, I could not decide in time.
Savra

Re: How to defeat the orcs playing on humans?

Post by Savra »

Well, when I tried humans vs orcs I focused on cavalry and catapults. The catapults held a majority of their forces at bay and have the cavalry time to get in close, also my cav were backed ranged cav and in case of the bat rider who will eventually be vulnerable to archers in the future, I would suggest using the mages magic missiles and fireballs as the bat can't dodge nor protect against these abilities. Also they do straight 10 damage.

Also I would try and use more aoe based ranged units like crossbowmen to take out the grouped together units as this is a common thing when playing against orcs.

That's about all I can say though, later on the buildings are supposed to get better.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Uhm crossbows lost their aoe now.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

In next update or current? Because humans crossbowmen still have power range 1.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Oh. That is a bug.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

fixed
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Other”