Alexander82

Re: "1 week balance for AOF 4 races" Project

Post by Alexander82 »

3 should be sufficient
Age of Fantasy design leader
friedrich

Post by friedrich »

Like the new changes, i think the troll hut is a bit wierd in comparison to other orc buildings regarding the building time, so we wont see to many of them probably
The building hp thing is i think not too kmportant for now, as if i understood correctly building hp should be reworked soon anyways. Weakening ettins a bit could still be an option thou
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

friedrich wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 am Like the new changes, i think the troll hut is a bit wierd in comparison to other orc buildings regarding the building time, so we wont see to many of them probably
That image was not finalized yet but I'm already working to new images for the new orcish buildings, so that one will be probably removed later.
friedrich wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 am The building hp thing is i think not too kmportant for now, as if i understood correctly building hp should be reworked soon anyways. Weakening ettins a bit could still be an option thou
the options were to either weaken it or make units that are good against him. We went or the 2nd way (but still its spell resistance have been significantly lowered so it will be affected by debuffs a lot more)
Savra

Post by Savra »

Ya, I really like the elves non-existant slinger, the enemy won't know what bit them. :lol:

Anyway, could we make it so elves don't have to buy the elf worker in the gem shop to use it and set the elf warrior as a starting unit elves don't have to buy in the gem shop? It seems a little unfair for starting elf players.

And another problem is that orcs cavalry tech is only researchable at tc now, so could we move that to the goblin tent and orc tent too?

These are just some minor fixes. Well, except for the elf ones that is.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Savra wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:57 pm elves non-existant slinger, the enemy won't know what bit them.
:lol:

I've already reported the but to @Stratego (dev)
Savra wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:57 pm Anyway, could we make it so elves don't have to buy the elf worker in the gem shop to use it and set the elf warrior as a starting unit elves don't have to buy in the gem shop? It seems a little unfair for starting elf players.
I agree for both, warrior was made ages ago (it is one of the first elven units) and it just remained as it was from that point of view. Elven worker started as an alternative worker but now it should definitely be a starting unit.
Savra wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:57 pm And another problem is that orcs cavalry tech is only researchable at tc now, so could we move that to the goblin tent and orc tent too?
Yes, at the moment cave haven't cavalry anymore so that should (for now) stay at orc and goblin tent (since they both recruit cavalry units)
Savra

Post by Savra »

We're also missing the elves ent techs like the one to get the ents, and rock hurling 1 tech.

Just in case it wasn't mentioned yet.

(Undead gained their first genuine siege unit and elves lost their 3. :lol: )
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yes, I have reported that as well, I think Daniel was busy yesterday though (there a life beyond Age of games, after all :lol: )
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks!
- cavalry tech lv1 and lv2 are also available in goblin, orc camps
- "stealth"slinger and elder tech and roch throwning tech is available to build.
- elf worker is replaced in upgrades section by elf ent worker.

but
- UNIT_ELF_WARRIOR was not in shoplist - needed no gems for it - or whic unit we talk about?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

maybe he meant swordsman then?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

dunno, but that is ok as shopitem right?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that once it was fine but now it cold be better to make it basic, so we might recycle its shopid for any upcoming unit (maybe to slinger or ent tech if you didn't gave one to those)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

they have already.
ok, please remember me on next new unit to replace that then.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

OK!
Savra

Post by Savra »

Another few problems, skeleton Dragon is still poisonable, rotten no longer does anything.

Say, shouldn't the Dragon have eat corpse too?

Besides these issues, I've found that undead are doing slightly better, but I feel some units could use some slight adjustments:

Cursed knight: give it summon familiar, which would act like the wolves for elves but can cross water.

Skeleton mage: give it the rotten ability.

Return to “Archived - Other”