Mercenaries and Alliances

LordOfAles

Re: Mercenaries and Alliances

Post by LordOfAles »

This will mess up many campaigns.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Only when you need to produce units (and then you will require to make this new building)
Age of Fantasy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Alexander82 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:54 pm ...
I like all this.
Also few questions:
1. Will some of these "alliances" be legendary? So only one player can research them.
2. Can i create an alliance that will fit for 2-3 races? (Mainly for dwarves and elves at the same time)
3. Still don't like idea of undeads going into demons. Some minor demonic infused undeads can be there but not demons themselves.
They have "Veil" idea that can be used in place of - humanic dark casters who obey undeads.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Opinion: it is ok for me, but we need to list exactly which units will get tech dependancy.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:56 pm
I like all this.
Also few questions:
1. Will some of these "alliances" be legendary? So only one player can research them.
2. Can i create an alliance that will fit for 2-3 races? (Mainly for dwarves and elves at the same time)
3. Still don't like idea of undeads going into demons. Some minor demonic infused undeads can be there but not demons themselves.
They have "Veil" idea that can be used in place of - humanic dark casters who obey undeads.
1) no

2) I don't understand what you mean. Can you enter more in details?

3) I don't want a pure demonic race as I didn't want a pure dragonic race (that's why we ended up with scalefolk). I think that demons can be to undeads what dragons are for scalefolk. The veil idea can fit in (we discussed about it) and we ended up thinking that a part of the cult can be more in making pacts with devils and summoning chaotic horrors
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:12 pm Opinion: it is ok for me, but we need to list exactly which units will get tech dependancy.
Thanks.

We'll make more planning and we'll provide you a complete list
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

1)
For HUMANS

-Should keep imperials as they are.
Now they are the only effective units agains others and easy access in barrack - and not worth to build a "subrace" on them.

-Same for some future magic creature /units (eg werewolf, valkiry,inquisitor, beatmaster)
-this give the fantasy feeling for humans and I want not to restrict em with a race tech. Some need to stay with main race.
-they need more caster and holy unit for main race.
-some class expansion would be great (eg tief, ranger, dueler, - at least 1 unit)

For ELVES
I think They should expand a bit more with water and and same miticals creatures should stay (eg siren, forest spirits)
And some of better caster and tower (offensive /magic) should be accessible for main race -
-like hunters for mellee an stealth.
-should reconsider the fairy in addition.
-they should get the sentinels as sun elf but no tech.

For Orcs
Not good separating troll, yet
-few for subrace
-fill roles what orcs are weak (eg headhunter-ranged)

For undeads
I agree with Makazuwr
The demons should stay as separate.
-for basic they need some casters, siege, and monster.
The veil and mummies good for subraces with tech.
The fantom maybe.

2)Every faction need some elites accessible in "simpler way"
After content expanding that can see the power relations

3)forum groups as subraces sound strange. And already have hero units.
May for TAVERN where can hire only one.

4)Is a solution to add neutral races with diplomacy (eg outcasts or creator/inventor) as ally.
For mercenary and tavern.
Last edited by Lynx Shafir on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Ik you may not like this maka but what if you put demons and angels as one? That way it won't just be demons as Alex mentions
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

[/quote]
Tankhead wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:16 pm Ik you may not like this maka but what if you put demons and angels as one? That way it won't just be demons as Alex mentions
Angels and demons fighting alongside.. :o .
This is the END...

We should vote
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Alexander82 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:51 pm
makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:56 pm
I like all this.
Also few questions:
1) no

2) I don't understand what you mean. Can you enter more in details?

3) I don't want a pure demonic race as I didn't want a pure dragonic race (that's why we ended up with scalefolk). I think that demons can be to undeads what dragons are for scalefolk. The veil idea can fit in (we discussed about it) and we ended up thinking that a part of the cult can be more in making pacts with devils and summoning chaotic horrors
2. I want to make nature defenders which will be a mix of dwarves (more nature ones though, no advancements and more shamanic ones) and elves. And i want them as part for both of dwarves and elves.

3. This is depend on demons we will use. i want to use myth based demons without weapons and armors usually. Also demonic infused humans.
I don't like demons wielding any weapons/armors.
For now i have ideas for at least 200 unique demons (each is different from others, including upgrades) including elemental demons. (that is more than now all current races have units in total if not count upgrades)
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Please we should work on what we have. There is no day I keep hearing of new races/collectives and such

I think we should stick to something more simple

Some special concepts might come in later with different methods (e.g. creators and nature's defenders might come in as recruitable in special buildings, like taverns for mercs, that you can conquer on the map).

At the moment we mostly are talking about races (like for minotaurs or uruks) or different organizations of the same race (those might be imperials, warfell or the different elven countries).

Demons won't have a race so no talking about that anymore (I've no intention of adding new races for long and I'm pretty sure of it). I also think that ultra powerful creatures as Demons, Angels or Dragons can't have a whole race focused on them but can be an addition to a more normal powered race.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

About demons:
Who said that they are "ultra powerful"?
They will be on different levels - some are as weak or even weaker than goblins while others can be (but won't) on same level as ettin. And "demon" is generic name for all those evil creatures.

Also i don't want to add them now. But i want to see them in as their own race later, maybe 5-8 months later.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I've got that they won't all be powerful (they wouldn't be playable in online games otherwise). What I'm saying is that they should be powerful and that's why they fill better the role of heavy units summoned by a pact.

Anyway a demon race won't happen so it is rather demons as a subrace or no demons at all.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Nono. Some "demons" are just completely untamable wild creatures who wants destruction and thus they joined demons.

As i imagined.

Also better than if you insist no demons at all than as a sub race.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Other”