Current and future races

Tankhead

Re: Current and future races

Post by Tankhead »

Lynx Shafir wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:18 am We can't work simultan in more future races.
Its causing only mess.
Also there are many to do with current ones.
Chose 1/2 and focus on them.
Oh no worries, I just wanted to see were @@makazuwr32 was taking the idea. Since I already have a topic open about this ill put some of this info over there.
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Ok, though I still don't like Insect race
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Neither do i. I won't work on insects.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

What races i know are exist in games i amaking ideas from:
HoMM 3: humans, demons, undeads, elves, underground lords, mages, elementals, swamp creatures, stronghold (goblins, orcs, ogres, cyclops...)
HoMM 5: humans, demons, undeads, elves, dark elves (replacement of underground lords), mages, tribal clans (orcs, goblins, cyclops), north clans (dwarves)
Warcraft 3: alliance (humans, elves, dwarves), horde (orcs, trolls (they are weaker in WC than orcs), minotaurs), scourge (undeads), Night elves (more nature ones, i think they somewhat are similar to current elves), demons, nagas, fel horde (horde corrupted with demonic blood).
Titan quest (monster classes): Beastmen, beasts, insectoids, demons (here they are not as anti-heaven beings but as monsters created by either human fears or by Hades the god of death), undead (dead beings who can't find rest after death, don't serve to Hades), Devices (stationary turrets and such), Constructs (golems and such), Magical (creations of magic), Plants, Humankind (beastly acting humans), Giants, Gods.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I am no longer working for Settings.Corp so i won't take down demons
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I suggest not adding more races at the moment. 6 races are good enough and we have still a lot of work to start planning more.

About concepts I think that many can be redundant (e.g. The warfell are basically humans and might, at most, become a subrace.

Other, like insects, are probably more fit for other settings (e.g. An alien race concept)

I suggest considering more subraces for expanding current races (for example some beasts might become an elven subrace like centaurs).
Age of Fantasy design leader
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Not now just planning the priority wich is important to add in far future*

1 elves need rather night, sun, moon, hight elves as additional subrace
And nymph, fairies, sprites and such magical beings.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Alexander82 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:29 pm I suggest not adding more races at the moment. 6 races are good enough and we have still a lot of work to start planning more.

About concepts I think that many can be redundant (e.g. The warfell are basically humans and might, at most, become a subrace.

Other, like insects, are probably more fit for other settings (e.g. An alien race concept)

I suggest considering more subraces for expanding current races (for example some beasts might become an elven subrace like centaurs).
I accept becoming a sup race.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Update:
Current races:

Humans
Trolls
Elves
Undead
Dwarves
Scalefolk

Future races ( mostly likely in the future )
Beastclan
Insects
Demons
Creations/Creators

Races with possible chances
Aliens - seen many times that Scfi and fantasy had crossover ideas before, and can work here

Time travelers - modern day meets fantasy, preferably WW1 military ( Only Allied type units )

Rebels - small groups from all factions that want war to end has come together to force it upon everyone else ( they won't exactly take the same units from other races )

Gaia - the earth is losing its green from the other races and decides to do genocide on all living creatures. The green now lives to kill everything in sight that isn't the green. This race involves lots of plants, trees, GREEEEEN

I have more but ill save those for another time as for Gaia I'm gonna make a topic for it
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

We have ORKS not trolls.

1)Also I will be glad if succed to get accepted the Beastclans by our leaders, (and may demons)
Total 8 race.
I see No(really low) chance to add more than this .
Until Many additional sub race/faction) to humans and elfs.
And many new mechanism.

2)NO alien and insects - more Sci-fi theme and have a version in development for that.(Age of Ufo, and a Star wars version)
Unnecessarily a copy of insect race.

3)Also problem whit mixed factions. like
Inventors/creators, outcast.rougs
Perhaps the tavern game mod first.with few units.
May in far future only.

4)And No technically complicated/advanced RACE like "time travel" (What consist it?)
If other races are stuck in medieval era with magic and a little steam punk there is no place for such here.

And in campaigns u can always make stories u want.

5)there is enough fantasy units for a whole race for Gaia/PLANTS?
I think No
May let my mandragora for them.
(And have fungus for subrace here)
But also low priority.
Last edited by Lynx Shafir on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I'm adding a lot of units in game lately (thanks a lot to @General Brave that is helping me testing the units before sending them to @Stratego (dev))

After that I'd like to expand some of the existing races with more subraces (e.g. Warfell for humans).

I don't think we should plan new standalone races for now
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I agree. We've got a lot of work to on the current 6 races, and putting so much effort into races not added yet does distract from the current ones.
The glorious sun rises again
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

You realize insects is a active topic with lots of stats and images and the main ones doing them are sarva and general brave
And I didn't see Alex say no to that.
Also when I say most likely or suggested I'm not saying it will be in soon.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Sunrise Samurai wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:32 am I agree. We've got a lot of work to on the current 6 races, and putting so much effort into races not added yet does distract from the current ones.
Actually here i agree with sunrise. We need to update, add content and balance current races first. And work on other ideas is just distracting from current main tasks.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

That's true but everyone works differently, I for one for current races really only care for undead and humans for they lack certain units that should be in.
The whole balancing and expansion of races is up to y'all
My ally of ideas are bringing new ones no one thinks of or hardly think of.
I'm sure everyone knows the main focus right now but not everyone wants to straight focus on one thing. Multitasking is a thing
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Just think less on completely new races and more on current ones. What they can get, what they lack of, what they need, what fits them and what is not.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:11 pm
Sunrise Samurai wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:32 am I agree. We've got a lot of work to on the current 6 races, and putting so much effort into races not added yet does distract from the current ones.
Actually here i agree with sunrise. We need to update, add content and balance current races first. And work on other ideas is just distracting from current main tasks.
I totally agree with both of you
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Imagine if effort that has been put into insects so far was put into developing other races instead. That way insect will actually get implemented faster. Reverse logic. The faster we add content and balance out current races the faster can more races get implemented.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

First of all it's only 2 people working on it, when there's a bunch of rest of you. Yeah those efforts can be added to the other race when people start actively talking about them.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

General Brave wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:49 pm First of all it's only 2 people working on it, when there's a bunch of rest of you. Yeah those efforts can be added to the other race when people start actively talking about them.
Agreed, and from what I remember balance gonna take a while anyways ( over the course of months ) plenty of time. then Alex would like to work on sub races.
Imma assume all of this getting in will take over a year, so working on other races not in yet isn't a big deal at all.
Lets stick with what we enjoy to do.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I want to see these efforts to be added to current race development.
For example:
Eagle archers
Sub races for elves, dwarves, expanding scaledfolks, orcs. (this will be more beneficial and has higher chance of addition because for the sake of balance)

Also personal suggestion - add more campain only units with no matter what stats they have for undeads, elves, dwarves, orcs, scaledfolks. Right now i have problems of deciding to make key characters for campain because mostly nearly all units of mentioned races are uned as trainable units. and i need non-trainable ones, who looks unique, intresting and differently from trainable units. Unique/legendary units can help here but not so much still.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Ummm subraces for humans & undead?
Warfell?
Cultist?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

yep. they are i think approved for most of community.

These 2.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Other”