Dwarves and Elfs AI to powerful

Tankhead

Dwarves and Elfs AI to powerful

Post by Tankhead »

Dwarves are still a beta race so that's understandable but i still brought it up for a heads up. But elfs are too much, they have great movement speed and range and can easily spawn archers within a few turns.
So imma suggest some things that hopefully you might consider next update
1. The human skirmishers are a joke as far as blocking arrows. if you can make human skirmishers just a resilient like the troll headhunters that can take a great deal of arrows before dying that would be great
2. Shouldn't skeletons for the undead have a high dodge chance from arrows since you know they are just bones. And the armored ones should have a higher one
3.undead needs a unit that specializes in killing archers since they seem weak to range
4. Reduce the movement speed for archers, they already have the range so the movement speed is really unfair.
That's all i have for now, Hopefully this sheds some light for the Dev to see
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
makazuwr32

Re: Dwarves and Elfs AI to powerful

Post by makazuwr32 »

1. try to use for humans imperial shielder against elves and you will be surprized. as for skirmishers - trolls are bigger than humans and because they have better stats. Alas a bit arrow dodge for human skirmishers will not hurt.
2. No. they have instead pretty good p.armor, especially knights - it is extremly hard to fight for elves against undead knights, especially upgraded ones.
3. No, instead they have dragons, liches and knights. Try to use Death knights against elves - their fireballs are extremly effective.
4. No because it is ONLY advancement against many other factions: orcs, humans, undeads, dwarves. Elves have right now only 1 though and fast unit - elven sentinel who can stand against units like: Olog Hai, Uruk Hai (all variants), Other giants of orcs, Imperial units and knights of humans (drakes are especially effective), Undead knights and especially Death Knights (because undead knights have good resist to burning and death knights are completely immune to it), Mithril guards and Dwarven Defenders. Remember that elves are THE ONLY FACTION without Wagon if not count WiP Scaledfolks and if remove at least 1 speed from them than they will loose to EVERY other race because they will lack of speed after. Also remember that all dodges as well as their range must be researched first and full research takes 18 turns for every research line: dodges (all 3), bows, armors and swords. And orcs to get their master troll headhunters need ONLY 4+6 turns (10 in total!) to produce worst nightmare of elves.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Sorry, i should have stated that i don't mean player VS AI, i mean AI vs AI. I have done several test with all 6 races fighting eachother and usually dwarves or elfs win it. Why?, because elfs spawn so many archers in such a short time the other races besides dwarves have no chance. Dwarves equal elfs because they have such raw power in all they're troops but that only last so long cause they are a beta race. That was my whole reason why i suggested what i put
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Yep. That how it must be. Also dwarves and elves are powerful only for ai for human player they are same as other races.
Also reducing elven speed, adding stats to human skirmisher or adding to undeads dodges or even more p.armor will affect not only ai but human playera as well and even more this will affect gameplay for elves dramatucally and they will become nearly unplayable.

The thing for elves is that they are rush race. Best one for that. And ofc ai while having 66.7% of all availible upgrades for elves (researchable ones) is extremly powerful.
But ai's for races are balanced to make gameplay against them for human players intresting – not against other ai.

As for dwarves - they will be nearly the same as they are right now exept of addition of even more amount of units and blacksmith-like upgrades.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Oh, well that's nice to know that. AI undead were pretty powerful before when they spammed Mummies constantly but for some reason that stop. Human AI was also powerful before when they spawned in more catapults then they do now.
Wonder what happened.

Return to “Archived - Other”