Re: Wagons and transportships logic

Post by Alexander82 »

Can we start adjusting the logic for current wagons? After that
Age of Fantasy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

lets make this one to on hold, until i have time to discuss - i am basically disagree on changing transport behavior at this deep level, this would change the strategies hard, and would affect ai performance too.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Why performance?

Anyway it is good for it to be different from AoS imho (we need to differentiate them more)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Actually, I've never seen the ai make effective use of any transport at all. For that matter, I'm not sure when I've ever seen the ai even make a wagon. Shouldn't change ai performance in any notable degree.

Strategy change: every new thing changes the game. In my experience, humans don't require wagons full of catapults to crack open fortified positions in AoF. They're good against specific (mainly orcish) targets with high hp, but then only accompanied by an army anyway, and that's just to defend the army. Workers can easily make them closer to battle lines if needed. Trebuchets simply suck in AoF. They may have range, but aren't​ useful against anything but buildings. For the cost, you could have 1.5 imperial crossbowmen with nearly the same range, more hp, and higher speed. Alternatively, you could have 75% of a drake knight, complete with fire breath, flying, high speed, and trample. Even with wagons available, they typically end up too late arriving to be useful offensively, and only somewhat useful defensively. The best "artillery" humans have is typically mages. 5 range, 2 area, and perfect accuracy for ignoring armor and causing burning. A wagon full of mages can eliminate any mega building except a masonry enhanced castle in a single turn. Towers fare only a little better, but aren't likely to stand up to the rest of the army. To top it off, there's no good excuse to remove mages from wagons, as they are individual, normal sized people on foot with only minimal equipment.

I see no damage to gameplay to limit wagons to carrying only human sized units that travel on foot. If anything, this would discourage carrying over the same battle plans from AoS straight into the very different world of AoF.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

stratego actually meant that ai would b in trouble if we made guard towers no longer able to garrison catapults inside them
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

But at least we can change how work wagons.
I'm for wagon mechanics changes.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Constantin

Post by Constantin »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Trebuchets simply suck in AoF. They may have range, but aren't​ useful against anything but buildings. For the cost, you could have 1.5 imperial crossbowmen with nearly the same range, more hp, and higher speed. Alternatively, you could have 75% of a drake knight, complete with fire breath, flying, high speed, and trample. Even with wagons available, they typically end up too late arriving to be useful offensively, and only somewhat useful defensively.
I already wrote about weaknesses and fix of the trebuchets in this topic
(viewtopic.php?f=115&t=4919). But not many reacted on this topic

Return to “Archived - Other”