Changing Female Elves to Male Elves ANSWERED

KingOfTheSilverlands

Changing Female Elves to Male Elves ANSWERED

Post by KingOfTheSilverlands »

Elves in game looks like they came out from a fairytale.Im looking other races,they're all looks serious and cool but elves ?

Elven race is really important,and most important things in Elves,is archers.Most of people thinks about Archers when they heard Elves.But,archers in this game looks like a joke so,im suggesting to replace female elves with male elves and changing their outfits.

Current elves representing Forest Elves.Forest is green,Elves usually uses this as their advantage with wearing green cloaks,armors.This outfits makes them invisible in forest.
But elves in game wearing bikini.This bikini is not their advantage if their skin color is not green.

Also imagine elven males sitting and waiting his wife coming back from war.This situation is not make sense.

Another thing to consider,Archery is very difficult thing.It is very difficult to pull the string of the bow, especially to women. Also, considering the damage done by the elven archers in the game, it is not possible for a woman to do such damage. However, a man has the power to pull the string of the bow and inflict that damage.
The lifeless eyes of cold corpses greeted the King while the wind blew his silver hair.
godOfKings

Re: Changing Female Elves to Male Elves

Post by godOfKings »

Sry but unlike human kingdoms, elf kingdoms r ruled by queens sometimes, also women r not good at close combat while men r too proud to hide behind trees and shoot arrows from far away, and they live long lives, a thousand years is nothing so women can easily learn inhuman skills in archery over normal humans by training for hundreds of years
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Savra

Post by Savra »

Elves actually are a mix of both male and female units in that army, the reason they look the way they do is actually because they're more like tree huggers or something I guess for wood elves. Basically all archer elves with the exception of the captain and sentry are females, whilst all melee elves with the exception of town watch and blade singer are male.

As for rising sun elves however, your looking more at something similar to humans and dwarves with a more uniform look to them.
KingOfTheSilverlands

Savra wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:26 pm Elves actually are a mix of both male and female units in that army, the reason they look the way they do is actually because they're more like tree huggers or something I guess for wood elves. Basically all archer elves with the exception of the captain and sentry are females, whilst all melee elves with the exception of town watch and blade singer are male.

As for rising sun elves however, your looking more at something similar to humans and dwarves with a more uniform look to them.

Wood elves shouldn't be pups of love, Forest is their home and their battle arena. They should be serious and aggressive. For example, Mirkwood and Lothlorien from Lotr. Both are wood elves. They're both aggressive and defend their home with their lives. they wore appropriate clothes to turn it into an advantage and we see the tactical advantage of this in the movie. It is not important that this is a movie, the important thing is that the people in the movie represent the same elf community as in the game.
The lifeless eyes of cold corpses greeted the King while the wind blew his silver hair.
KingOfTheSilverlands

Which one is look more Wood Elf ?

Women with yellow bikini ?
Man with green cloak and brown armor ?

They both live in forests but they both dont have same tactical advantage.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Bikini?
I do not see any bikini.

As for changing elves to male from female — no.
For you maybe that looks like some fairy tale looking elves. For me — no. They look pretty serious. They just do not use heavy armor (since they prefer mobility and dodges over toughness).
How do you think elven female archers should be looking than? In some camouflage? But this is still medieval fantasy and camouflage was not known well during that time.

Anyway current look for elves is perfectly fine. They will not get any additional armor via tiers because this will completely destroy feeling of race (this way elves would visually and mechanically become another humans with worse stats).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
KingOfTheSilverlands

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:06 pm Bikini?
I do not see any bikini.

As for changing elves to male from female — no.
For you maybe that looks like some fairy tale looking elves. For me — no. They look pretty serious. They just do not use heavy armor (since they prefer mobility and dodges over toughness).
How do you think elven female archers should be looking than? In some camouflage? But this is still medieval fantasy and camouflage was not known well during that time.

Anyway current look for elves is perfectly fine. They will not get any additional armor via tiers because this will completely destroy feeling of race (this way elves would visually and mechanically become another humans with worse stats).

What about skarns ? They are wearing this cloak and they're invisible.If humans can conceive of it in their short lifes, the Elves should already have invented it in their long lives.
KingOfTheSilverlands

Something like this maybe ?
Attachments
32_unit_elf_archer.png
32_unit_elf_archer.png (943 Bytes) Viewed 2066 times
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Skarn is special unit, like assassin.
Not a regular random hunter. Elves are hunters and their style is "range is best way to conseal own presence". Which is why they have best early game ranged unit in terms of range.
Also cloaks will only hinder their movements which will result in lower speed and mobility (dodges).

And no, this looks bad for regular elves. They would look like spec ops for which we already have glade wardens.

Ofc for a skin (if you will keep in mind their gender) this style will be fine. But not for normal elven style, no.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
KingOfTheSilverlands

We're not talking about Amazons here. We're talking about elves. It really seems ridiculous to me to make all archers women. The elven race in general is a fast, agile race. But they are also frail and delicate. It is wrong to attach this to clothing. They will still be agile and fast even if they have a cloak on them.

"Range is best way to conseal own presence."

But if you dont want to be a walking target,you should combine this with disguising.

All elves can be hunters, but not all hunters should be girls.
As I said, it doesn't make sense unless you plan to delete all male units and replace this race with Amazons when the other 2 elf race come.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

They look like fairlytales? What's wrong with it? It's fantasy.

Elf archers looks like a joke? Change females to males and change their clothes? Hmmmm, sounds pretty sexist to me. The clothes maybe but the other one? Hmmmm.

This is fantasy you know?

Makes them invisible in forest? Did you came here and forgot to play the actual game?

Also, the way you depicted the cloaks are wrong. Atleast that's not the type of cloaks they are wearing in battle. Although I do agree with you that cloaks don't restrict them in battle, if what you shown us is what you meant then it would indeed restrict their movements.

The normal cloaks archers wear in battle is those cloaks with length on the upper thighs and doesn't cover their bodies like that The cover in the body is just like wearing a coat but more fit.

Elven males sitting and waiting his wife coming back from war. This situation is not make sense?

How so? This is fantasy?

Elves are known for their long lives and old existence. Maybe they have the modern mindset that modern world have, unlike that... For me, you're the one that doesn't make sense with that analogy.

It's impossible for females to that damage? How can you be sure that elven female doesn't have the strength to do it? Although I argued this also, I think your argument doesn't make sense as it assumes that males are stronger than females in a fantasy world. There's also the fact that Elves aren't humans.

This is fantasy you know? Their bows could be some magical bows or mechanical bows and we can't really tell. You get what I mean?

Comparing the movie to the game doesn't make sense. It doesn't at all. That's like comparing real life humans to movie humans and asking why the movies doesn't act like real humans when they should have represented real humans?

I think you also forgot that this is a game made by free artists. Do you notice how the melee and the range are similar? For me it's more like convenience.

Remember also that the units represent a group and not a single individual. They could represent a group of male and female in one group. Did you read the description of them? It doesn't specifically tell that they are all females or males.
KingOfTheSilverlands

They look like fairlytales? What's wrong with it? It's fantasy.

Elf archers looks like a joke? Change females to males and change their clothes? Hmmmm, sounds pretty sexist to me. The clothes maybe but the other one? Hmmmm.

This is fantasy you know?

Makes them invisible in forest? Did you came here and forgot to play the actual game?

Also, the way you depicted the cloaks are wrong. Atleast that's not the type of cloaks they are wearing in battle. Although I do agree with you that cloaks don't restrict them in battle, if what you shown us is what you meant then it would indeed restrict their movements.

I draw them as example.Free artists can draw better than that.

The normal cloaks archers wear in battle is those cloaks with length on the upper thighs and doesn't cover their bodies like that The cover in the body is just like wearing a coat but more fit.

Elven males sitting and waiting his wife coming back from war. This situation is not make sense?

How so? This is fantasy?

Elves are known for their long lives and old existence. Maybe they have the modern mindset that modern world have, unlike that... For me, you're the one that doesn't make sense with that analogy.

It's impossible for females to that damage? How can you be sure that elven female doesn't have the strength to do it? Although I argued this also, I think your argument doesn't make sense as it assumes that males are stronger than females in a fantasy world. There's also the fact that Elves aren't humans.

Doesn't matter thisis fantasy world,we also should look at this situtaion realistic and there's a fact,Males are stronger than females,doesn't matter fiction or fantasy.Also remember,they are not Amazons or Santa's helpers.They're Elves and representing Wood Elves.

This is fantasy you know? Their bows could be some magical bows or mechanical bows and we can't really tell. You get what I mean?

Comparing the movie to the game doesn't make sense. It doesn't at all. That's like comparing real life humans to movie humans and asking why the movies doesn't act like real humans when they should have represented real humans?

I think you also forgot that this is a game made by free artists. Do you notice how the melee and the range are similar? For me it's more like convenience.

Remember also that the units represent a group and not a single individual. They could represent a group of male and female in one group. Did you read the description of them? It doesn't specifically tell that they are all females or males.

And i'm not sexist.Im just defending Elves should have Male Archers.In my perspective you're the sexist because you are defending Female archers.You know what i mean ?

So,there's a lot of perspectives about this situation.My perspective is realistic and in my perspective,female elven archers looks like joke.

Actual game have a unit like Skarns.They also wearing cloaks and invisible in game.Thats what i meant.I draw cloaked archer as example.Free artists can draw better than that.Doesn't matter thisis fantasy world,we also should look at this situtaion realistic and there's a fact,Males are stronger than females,doesn't matter fiction or fantasy.Also remember,they are not Amazons or Santa's helpers.They're Elves and representing Wood Elves.
Last edited by KingOfTheSilverlands on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Pls don't quote what I didn't said.

Also, you might want to read your statements again. It really causes misunderstanding if you don't clear it up.

Your perspective is realism yet some of your samples are just wrong and not realistic.

Like again, the cloak.

Did you read my statement properly and Sabra's?

Your asking for elves to have archers but in the first place. How could you be sure that there isn't one?

The description of the units doesn't even tell a single thing about the elven archer units being all females and again, the sprite represents a group.

The male swordsman unit could also represent a female swordsman on the group.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Invisible elves will make their costs doubled or even tripled. Do you want to see basic elves having cost 4-9 turns??????
Basic archer with cost 4, basic worker with cost 6, blade dancer with cost 8 if they will be invisible. Is it fine for you?

Skarn is one unit, not a whole invisible faction.

As for "females a must be stronger than males" motto.
1. I know in real life many girls (i mean personally know them) who are stronger than men. Physically stronger.
2. Archery is something where strength is not THAT needed unlike melee combat (and for melee we have mostly only males). We also can say that elven bows are unique that females also can use 'em. And for women of elves it is easier to learn archery than for males (precision wise).
3. There are male archers among elves. Captain is male archer and sentry as well.
4. Your perspective is wrong.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:06 am Invisible elves will make their costs doubled or even tripled. Do you want to see basic elves having cost 4-9 turns??????
Basic archer with cost 4, basic worker with cost 6, blade dancer with cost 8 if they will be invisible. Is it fine for you?

Skarn is one unit, not a whole invisible faction.

As for "females a must be stronger than males" motto.
1. I know in real life many girls (i mean personally know them) who are stronger than men. Physically stronger.
2. Archery is something where strength is not THAT needed unlike melee combat (and for melee we have mostly only males). We also can say that elven bows are unique that females also can use 'em. And for women of elves it is easier to learn archery than for males (precision wise).
3. There are male archers among elves. Captain is male archer and sentry as well.
4. Your perspective is wrong.
As usual, I heavily disagree with 3 as bows requires more strength to use than sword. First that you need to be even able to use a bow is strength.

For the one used in war, from my basic knowledge. The normal bows would need atleast 30kg draw weight which is a lot. Most archers requires mass volleys anyway instead of single shooting so strength is more needed than accuracy.

Unlike melee combat which is more oriented with the technique and endurance of the soldiers when fighting against each other.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Why is this topic still even going?

Anyway, as Drejade and Makazur have basically stated we aren't going to change current elves in game.

Wood elves you seem to be depicting seem to only originate from Lotr source and not much else, elves originate mostly fro Celtic lore and in they're culture whoever can use a weapon and was willing to fight was allowed to fight, wether they be male or female. Also in most fantasy games wood elves are depicted in a similar fashion sometimes: warcraft, d&d, MTG.

Elves in AOF don't restrict themselves to purely male soldiers as likely they're probably more focused on any able bodied person they can find.

About they're bows, if they've been living for so long they likely would have the skills to develop bows that are both powerful and easy to use for either male and female elves, since they're compensating for both basically.

Now if you're argument is that you wanted more male archers rather than mostly female, that might be a bit more understandable, all considering.

BUT, we are not changing current elves to strict male.

I'm setting this topic as answered.
makazuwr32

Re: Changing Female Elves to Male Elves ANSWERED

Post by makazuwr32 »

Moved topic to archive
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
KingOfTheSilverlands

Re: Changing Female Elves to Male Elves ANSWERED

Anyway,Thank y'all for your time and reply.This topic is ended.

Return to “Archived - Other”