Legion training tech (1.058 and Dev 1.059) IMPLEMENTED

makazuwr32

Legion training tech (1.058 and Dev 1.059) IMPLEMENTED

Post by makazuwr32 »

1. Only all roman legionaries who was owned by you before upgrade get after it an aura that gives other legionaries +1/+1 to armors. New ones can get armor but they can't give it so if you researched it firstly and after you trained some roman legionaries they can't get additional armor from it.

2. Roman Legionaries in TC's can get insane amounts of armor (2 tc's near each other with 3 legionaries in each and surrounded by 6 others gives tc's legionaries 10/11 armor and with centurion 12/13).

3. If roman Legionare looses one of his neghbours he doesn't loose armor buff and can still have it. this way you can increase their armors to insane amounts (i once get 34/35 armor on 4 roman legionaries without centurion)
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
COOLguy

Re: Legion training tech (1.058 and Dev 1.059)

Post by COOLguy »

makazuwr32 wrote:1. Only all roman legionaries who was owned by you before upgrade get after it an aura that gives other legionaries +1/+1 to armors. New ones can get armor but they can't give it so if you researched it firstly and after you trained some roman legionaries they can't get additional armor from it.

2. Roman Legionaries in TC's can get insane amounts of armor (2 tc's near each other with 3 legionaries in each and surrounded by 6 others gives tc's legionaries 10/11 armor and with centurion 12/13).

3. If roman Legionare looses one of his neghbours he doesn't loose armor buff and can still have it. this way you can increase their armors to insane amounts (i once get 34/35 armor on 4 roman legionaries without centurion)
I am emailing Daniel about that
Thanks!
Josh
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Roman legionare on screenshot alone has 2 legion buffs and thus +2/+2 additional armor.

Screenshot provided by Puss In Boots
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I need something like that.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

makazuwr32 wrote:i once get 34/35 armor on 4 roman legionaries without centurion
Or +32 to both armors.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Wait how does this work?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wen adjacent legionary is moved away, the armor aura doesn't disappear, may b it should last 1 turn, like 'legion training (1)' so every turn the old effect would disappear and new effects would stake on legionary
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Suddenly Roman Saggitarius got this effects as well.

screenshot is provided by Puss in Boots.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

NICE!!! Take that advantage!!! JK. Lol that's cool!
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Confirmed in latest version.
Auxillaries are also affected by this.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The problem is that the tech effects all roman units, I think it should b set to affect only legionaries instead of automatically affecting all units in the roman army category
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

here is a suggestion, instead of giving it the same category as other roman buffs, define a new effect category that only affects legionaries and nothing else

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

1. Only all roman legionaries who was owned by you before upgrade get after it an aura that gives other legionaries +1/+1 to armors. New ones can get armor but they can't give it so if you researched it firstly and after you trained some roman legionaries they can't get additional armor from it.
this one is fixed, will be in next update.
i tried to delete it with the delete button, and the effect was deleted properly - how to "lose" a neighbor to reproduce the bug?

i think it is ok for now - if it is calculated properly.

Also made that only legons will get this feature (eg. auxiliaries not)

new version is uos 20 - please check it - i can not make any flaws with 3 leginaries on grass, not in TCs - or please tell me how to make them buggy.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I will try to know how that player made that.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

godOfKings wrote:Here is a question, should saggitarius also benefit from shield wall? Like it doesn't give any armor bonus to adjacent units but if legionary is adjacent to it then it can get armor bonus

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

makazuwr32 wrote:I will try to know how that player made that.
lol wow. Hope we fix this soon
Thanks!
Josh
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Aaaand i found how this bug works.
it seems that for each update of game (from player's side) it is trying to add another effect to adjust units.
Because i put 2 legionaries nearby, they got +1 to their armors and after i reentered into the game (with ai) they got +2 to armors.
After few more quit-reentherings they got +10 to armors.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

what do u mean re-entering?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I mean that you quit the match and after enter it.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i have been reported here is still problem, i will fix it than soon.
if anyone know a short reproduction please write me the sequence - thanks!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

i need to check though, last i knew the bug was fixed so i cant really trust this drejade person (no offense to him ;) )

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

herre is some guide from drejade, Godofkings: can u check me how to reproduce in local match? (easier on debugging)
That's easy

Get the legion training
Put legionnaire together to get the buff
Then next turn
When it is your turn, you would see the the abnormality.

BTW I only try this at multiplayer
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I didn't try at multiplayer but at single player mode buff didn't show any bug, it worked fine

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

You need to put legionare near other than save and quit the game abd then continue it i single game, @godOfKings
I've just tested out and bug is still there.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

So new aura stack doesn't disappear even if moving unit away?

Bug might b the way game map stores information, wouldn't leaving effect remove it? (Wat if change lasts turn to 0 from current -1 in effect json @Stratego (dev) ??)

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Here is a proof.
Comment:
1 screenshot - lone legionare near 4 tc full of other legionares.
2 screenshot - after saving, quitting and continuing game.
3 screenshot - after repeating process several times at the field.
4 screenshot - stats window.

Stacks disappear but the problem is that game tries to give always new stack of this effect to legionaries upon continuing and those "old stacks" are not disappearing.
Only newly given stacks disappear.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

may b the aura json is "enchantment" instead of "enchantment_vanishing" although i have no idea about systems code, it seems the problem is something stratego will have to spend many hours to identify

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

The easiest way to fix it is to make this aura non-stackable.
So each unit will be able to get only 1 stack of it.

Also maybe in this variant we will need to increase potency of aura i think to +2/+2.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

may b the error is in the "isMultiplyableEffect" code, the game saves all current stats and effects wen a player quits, and wen he returns again, old stats and effects r loaded, while new effects r stacked

if somehow old effect stacks could b removed by same 'lasts turns' code then even infinite number of stacks would b removed if legion moves on step away
Last edited by godOfKings on Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

ok, +2 armor is balanced

Return to “Implemented/Answered”