Atl-atl Dev 1.059 - IMPLEMENTED

makazuwr32

Atl-atl Dev 1.059 - IMPLEMENTED

Post by makazuwr32 »

Atl-Atl:
1. He can receive banner bearer's effect to get +1 damage and +1/+1 armor. Is it supposed so to be?
2. He has 120% bonuses against archer units (with his 7 damage this will become 15 damage twice) to normal archer units and 2 actions/turn meanwhile skirmisher, master skirmisher and auxillary skirmisher units have only 50% (excluding elephant archers, to them they have 400%).

I suggest to lower them at least to 50-60% to keep them on pair with others and also remove affecting of banner bearer's high morale buff.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
COOLguy

Re: Atl-atl Dev 1.059

Post by COOLguy »

makazuwr32 wrote:Atl-Atl:
1. He can receive banner bearer's effect to get +1 damage and +1/+1 armor. Is it supposed so to be?
2. He has 120% bonuses against archer units (with his 7 damage this will become 15 damage twice) to normal archer units and 2 actions/turn meanwhile skirmisher, master skirmisher and auxillary skirmisher units have only 50% (excluding elephant archers, to them they have 400%).

I suggest to lower them at least to 50-60% to keep them on pair with others and also remove affecting of banner bearer's high morale buff.
Banner - that's fine I think
bonus - yes less. It should be a little less
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Re: Atl-atl Dev 1.059

Post by godOfKings »

Even without bonus they can deal 7x2 or 14 damage so... No idea if they actually need bonus, but bonus against healer is definitely useless, I suggest make atk 6, keep 2 action/turn, bonus can b 50% , thus they can deal 9+9 or 18 damage in a turn, while 12 damage to other units
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
COOLguy

Re: Atl-atl Dev 1.059 - IMPLEMENTED

Post by COOLguy »

ok will be in!
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think the current stats of altalts make auxiliary skirmishers useless because of similar stats but this has double action, so I think atk 5 speed 3 and no effect from high morale is better, and spell resist should b 0%

Thus it has 1 more atk, 1 more range and 1 more action than skirmisher, but auxiliary skirmishers have higher atk, can get centurion bonus but no high morale, and speed bonus from drummer

So auxiliary skirmisher is faster, can get higher armour and higher damage,

Altalt thrower can atk twice, may b get blacksmith bonus but not affected by high morale effect

And shouldn't they have this pic? And their name alt-alt thrower?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Altatl thrower?
Plain.
I'd prefer atlatl javelineer. :)
OLÉ
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

So current stats are still too high? He should be a bit higher than normal guy. But upgrade skirmisher is better than Atl-Atl.

auxilliary is a completely different beast. He is a random pack member and gets roman buffs
Thanks!
Josh
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

godOfKings wrote:I suggest make atk 6, keep 2 action/turn, bonus can b 50% , thus they can deal 9+9 or 18 damage in a turn, while 12 damage to other units
I think these stats are almost fine for 3 turn unit (remember that they have less p.armor than both master skirmisher and auxillary skirmisher).

And they also don't get blacksmith upgrades. Because Master skirmishers can get them they will get better attack range.
Also i think that they don't need to be affected by banner bearer's high morale buff.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

They have 4 speed and twice the damage of auxiliary skirmishers, with current stats, they are MUCH BETTER CHOICE than auxiliary skirmishers, and less p armor is no factor because with higher speed and higher range they can reach AND kill any archer in a single turn

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Auxiliary skirmishers need units like drummers and centurions to b as effective as altalts r currently without any buff, so I wanted alt alt to at least have 3 speed so that with buffs auxiliary skirmishers has the advantage of being faster than altalts

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

first thing - atl-atl needs damage nerf.
second - auxillary skirmishers have a bit different role - they are support units for romans, not main ones. More correct compare for Atl-Atl is with regular skirmishers.
Third - Auxillary skirmishers are better still because (if we remove buff by banner bearer from atl-atl) they will get both buffs and because you can support them with other units (auxillary knights for example) from same building.
And in late game master skirmishers would be better because of blacksmith upgrades (better armor, power and range while cheaper than atl-atl, though still without second action... but they are only skirmisher unit with good bonus against elephant archers, other skirmishers (i don't count normal skirmishers because they are just downgrade of master ones) have only 50% against them.)
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Implemented/Answered”