Morale buff causing havoc ANSWERED

Detros

Morale buff causing havoc ANSWERED

Post by Detros »

Playing Historical Battles->Battle of Trebia I have found the Moral buff from Centurion there leads to some impervious legionaries... and weird behaviour altogether.

Some my attacks seemed to do no damage at all. Some do just 1 damage.
Trying few more attacks it seems the attack / armor of all units around Centurion is really affected in the shown way, aka 10-6 means 4. @_@
Units further to the west are not affected. At least for now.
Though it seems enemies that used to be near Centurion but are now far from it are still affected (image 1).

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Morale buff causing havoc

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thatis for reason. a trigger makes them freeze on the icy river
Detros

Re: Morale buff causing havoc ANSWERED

Post by Detros »

So it is the "harsh weather" of the map that's lowering the combat capabilities of all those units?

I would say that's poorly conveyed then as I see no "ice effect" on those units, just their attack and armor ratings dropping. And it doesn't seem to affect all of them the same way. Is the severity of effect based on movement then? Or distance from the river tiles?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes it should be notified or "effect" put on as u write, but however it is intentional.

i think only a trigger checks if the enemy army is nearby or not and if so it launcher an area effect on all enemy units in a territory around the river
Detros

Post by Detros »

OK, thanks for explanation.

I now reread the briefing and it is noting the harsh weather. But I thought that's just a story and didn't connect it with the actual battle conditions. Either direct "Note: due to harsh weather some units may get weakened" at the end of briefing or a message at the start of battle saying something like "The snowstorm is upon us. We are getting numb and our armour is brittle in this cold."

You are talking only about it affecting the "not well prepared Romans". But even my Carthaginians are affected, note the knight in the last image.
Detros

Post by Detros »

I restarted the battle and this time noted there actually is an ingame message of something "Such freezing water". Sorry I missed it at first, I am often using 2x speed so I probably managed to click through the event without noticing the message.

After few restarts I have figured the area of freeze effect and then finished in 8/12 turns. In the end, thanks for a battle with an unusual twist.

Return to “Implemented/Answered”