Building time after upgrade (ex catapults) ANSWERED

duneix

Building time after upgrade (ex catapults) ANSWERED

Post by duneix »

Hi,

Little problem with the building time after an upgrade.

For example, my worker is building a catapult. After 10 turns building it, its HP reaches 10/16 (6 turns left to completion)

After its upgrade (which double its hp), the catapult is at 10/32, so 11 turns to completion.

Is there any way to solve the problem?
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Building time after upgrade (ex catapults)

Post by DoomCarrot »

Time the research better I guess, this also happens with castles and masonry, but was decided to not change it.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i am not sure it is like this, or i have modified something.
please tell meif it is still like this.
thanks.
Detros

Post by Detros »

The upgraded variant can get updated mend bonus to be build in the same amount of turns. So if the old unit is at -30 %, so is build at 7HP/mend by basic Worker, and the new unit has double the HP the old one did, the new unit needs to get double mending speed so +40 % for 14HP/turn. There may be some rounding issues, though.
duneix

Post by duneix »

Yes, bug is still present. It's not linked to mending rate.

The problem is the following.

. a catapult is under construction by workers/laborers. Let's say they spent 8 turns on it, so they've done 50% of the job. The catapult's HP is reaching 8/16, is will be finished in 8 turns.
. then the upgrade heavy catapult is discovered. The catapult under construction is no longer a "catapult", but now a "heavy catapult" with 32 hps
. the problem is, this "heavy catapult" - still under construction - now has 8/32hps so it needs 12 turns for workers to finish it, instead of 8 turns before the upgrade.
It would be better if the catapult stays at 50% of hps, which would be 16 / 32 hps.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes this is the same as discussed on castles:
they started to build a light castle, and now the lord told us to reinforce the walls, to the upgraded design, now we can start build all existing walls "again".

but if it wins on a vote meaning most people think it is weird as it is now, i can change the behavior.
Detros

Re: Building time after upgrade (ex catapults) ANSWERED

Post by Detros »

Well, what happens if the unit is already build and the research is completed? It gets promoted to the upgraded version.
I don't remember how upgrading of injured units works but I am pretty sure if that unit has all hitpoints, upgraded version will again have full hitpoints. I don't recall my Broadswordmen being at 18/21 just after upgrade...

If it really behaves in these two ways (absolute HP during building / percentage HP after constructed) I see the issue rather in this difference rather than in either of those mechanics itself.
duneix

Re: Building time after upgrade (ex catapults) ANSWERED

Post by duneix »

when injured units are upgraded:
. if the unit is fully fit, it gets the whole hp of the upgraded unit (an upgraded cavalry will be at 39hp)
. if it has been attacked once, they is stays at his level (an upgraded cavalry which was closed to die, let's say 5hp left, will stay at 5hp)

but this thing with the catapults is really kinda weird for me, even if understand now why it is like that. But it means building a catapult could last 23 turns ; primitive version is at 15/16 hp, than it is upgraded -> 15/30hp, than 8 turns again)

Anwyay, let's see other people votes ;)

Detros wrote:Well, what happens if the unit is already build and the research is completed? It gets promoted to the upgraded version.
I don't remember how upgrading of injured units works but I am pretty sure if that unit has all hitpoints, upgraded version will again have full hitpoints. I don't recall my Broadswordmen being at 18/21 just after upgrade...

If it really behaves in these two ways (absolute HP during building / percentage HP after constructed) I see the issue rather in this difference rather than in either of those mechanics itself.

Return to “Implemented/Answered”