Map editor requires land in each corner?

SoloTBSer

Map editor requires land in each corner?

Post by SoloTBSer »

Using the map editor, I created a random map (screenshot attached) of greater Southeast Asia. However, when I try to activate the random map, I get this error message:
The territory TERRITORY_TOP_RIGHT has no enough free ground
tiles to put the TC-s, fix the map before activating.

Details:
Space needed per corner:3
Space have:0
Territory:TERRITORY_TOP_RIGHT
I placed land masses in the top left (India), top center (Southeast Asia proper) and bottom right (northern Australia), but I don't want to place nonexistent land masses in the Pacific and Indian Oceans. Is there any way around this restriction? I appreciate any help anyone can provide.
Midonik

Re: Map editor requires land in each corner?

Post by Midonik »

Try using the spawn points. I believe they were made to walk around that.
Quite a nice map btw
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Oww.... Do i see edge of bangladesh?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
SoloTBSer

Post by SoloTBSer »

Thanks, Midonik!
How do I place spawn points? I don't see anything obvious in the editor UI, and I didn't find any information searching the forum.

godOfKings,
I cut off Asia at that latitude to make India and Southeast Asia separate land masses.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Go to the unit selecting menu, go to structures, at the bottom u will see purple coloured tc numbered 1 2 3 4 5 6 meaning for players 1 to 6, u can place a few neutral tcs around these player starting tcs to make ur own custom multiplayer map
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
SoloTBSer

Post by SoloTBSer »

Thanks, godOfKings.

I placed 2 each of "TC Spawn point 2", "TC Spawn point 4" and "TC Spawn point 6". However, when I try to activate the random map, I still get the same error message.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Hm, there might be not enough land where tcs can spawn around them. Have in mind that terrain with forests and mountains can't host tcs. I don't know what's the exact amount you need to not get that error tho.

I suggest you take the gok's advice - instead of making a random map, make a skirmish map - more precisely, a multiplayer secenario. First, try to make this one work by simply adding some random clear ground masses in all corners - you just need it to activate. Then, you can play in single player and by longtapping covert that game into a skimrish map (I believe that's possible). Then you can correct that map, also add a certain amount of players (unfortunately, that will be fixed if you take this solution), add a tc for each of them on map, and also some neutral tcs, set one player as "human" and other as "multiplayer" and give players an option to choose their faction (the question mark - unless you would prefer to make that fixed, up to you). This way you can send it and it will work basically like a random map, but the restrictions you are struggling with won't be in effect. Hope you can understand what I mean and find a way to do it.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
SoloTBSer

Post by SoloTBSer »

Thanks, Midonik,

Each land mass where I placed a TC spawn point includes at least 3 "plains" tiles. I attached a screenshot for reference. I'll give your suggestions a try. Yes, your instructions are clear.

Thanks to both you and godOfKings for your help!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please attach images externally - please read how to in faq
SoloTBSer

Post by SoloTBSer »

Sorry, Stratego, I didn't know that. I'll remember that in the future.
SoloTBSer

Post by SoloTBSer »

I added 3 plains tiles in both the top right and bottom left corners, and was able to activate the map. I then created a "skirmish" game (not to be confused with a "skirmish" map), and my map was included in the list of maps for skirmish games, which is where I want to use it. I created several 2-player games, and each time it started both players in the "TC Spawn point 2" tiles, so apparently the land I added in the corners isn't really needed. Now I can playtest my map! :D

If the developers are reading, I would like to ask if you would consider adding to your backlog a change to remove the editor requirement for land in each corner of a random map that includes spawn points, as it makes it hard to match the geography of maritime regions. Thanks!

Return to “Issues”