Plane Mechanics IMPLEMENTED

Puss_in_Boots

Plane Mechanics IMPLEMENTED

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Planes should be able to go pass units and let them go by, but I noticed planes didn't have this property.

Please fix.
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Plane Mechanics

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry, i dont understnd, what do you mean?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:sorry, i dont understnd, what do you mean?
I mean that units except for flying ones should be able to pass through planes.
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, lets see what others think, please comment here.
AESrus

Post by AESrus »

Puss in Boots is right (+1)
Есть русские?
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

+1
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

+1
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Not a single real objection, I think this vote can come to a pass.
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i object :)

it will lose the balance of planes, this way nowhere you can have safe place even behind AA defenses (currently they can easily fly over any AA gun range - so simply bypass them)

this way we need to solve this (with total rebalancing, or with new mechanisms (eg. AA fires automatically on every "tile movement" over its range or something so if a plane flies tru 5 tiles that is in range of an AA, than it fires 5 times on it or something - naturally this need AA reblance again)

(recently i planned to put in the caltrops to be passed and maybe all buildings/units that has no any attack, but if anything has chance to fire on planes (even with handguns) i would not let them go tru - this will force the other player to build something else (ground units) too to get tru my lines.

what do you think?
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Stratego (dev) wrote:i object :)

it will lose the balance of planes, this way nowhere you can have safe place even behind AA defenses (currently they can easily fly over any AA gun range - so simply bypass them)

this way we need to solve this (with total rebalancing, or with new mechanisms (eg. AA fires automatically on every "tile movement" over its range or something so if a plane flies tru 5 tiles that is in range of an AA, than it fires 5 times on it or something - naturally this need AA reblance again)

(recently i planned to put in the caltrops to be passed and maybe all buildings/units that has no any attack, but if anything has chance to fire on planes (even with handguns) i would not let them go tru - this will force the other player to build something else (ground units) too to get tru my lines.

what do you think?
Yes let's caltrops be able to be passed by aircraft. They are OP, i easily defends against 10 enemy aircraft with caltrops. :P
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Alright, so planes can't go past attack units, but how about making units go by them, personally I don't think planes are capable of preventing infantry, ships, tanks, or other from passing under them. Planes aren't underpowered enough to weakened by this too much, and no current map relies on this function.
OLÉ
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

+1, it is stupid
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

so planes should not go over anything (except walls caltrops and such that has CAN_BE_FLOWN_TRU)
but all ground units should go under them?
also other planes can go "over" them?

we can change 2 ways:
a) making it engine wise: flyers do not block anything only flyers and vica-versa ground blocks only ground (this case AOS/AOF) will be affected
b) setting a new property like "CAN_BE_PASSED_BY_ENEMY" and give it to all planes meaning all enemy unit can walk "tru" them as they werent there.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Let's not mess with AoF and AoS - option b seems better. There isn't that many planes to even make that a pain to put in JSON wise.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

b works, planes can fly at most altitudes, so flying past planes can work theoretically. But planes never fly at ground level, so they cant block ground units. This way planes don't work as enforcer/ protectors because they can't block movement into TCs. They are geared more towards offense.
OLÉ
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Placing planes on bridges/narrow passages was too good.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok UOS 20 - all planes are set to this:
CAN_BE_PASSED_BY_ENEMY, //if a unit can not "block" enemy ever (like a plane should not block ground units and other planes in movement.

Return to “Implemented/Closed ones”