Type 5 Na-To OP?

TntAttack

Type 5 Na-To OP?

Post by TntAttack »

Has 25 damage for a 3 turn 2 ranged 4 speed unit. Has a large bonus against buildings and can easily fortifications, infantry and to some extent tanks apart.

I am playing Japan against Axis player (3 vs 3 match) and I can tell you that no Japanese tank, even Japan's most cost effective tank, the type 5 chi ri (was it called) that had 51 ish hp, 31 damage and 2 range, 4 speed but it costs 5 isn't a match against an onslaught of smg and Type 5 Na-to.

It's simply the perfect mop up unit, cheap and reliable. Not as infuriating as the Katushar rocket if I am not mistaken, still hasn't have its vehicle properties added meaning it's smg proof, but it's high damage 25 and building costs make me wonder if this was right.

Isn't this a tad too powerful? Usually I bunker or barracks down as defense in the face of enemies, but I am simply torn apart as these type 5 Na-tos rock up.
DreJaDe

Re: Type 5 Na-To OP?

Post by DreJaDe »

Yep, i agree that it's OP.

It's way too versatile. It should only have 1-2 role.

Of It wants to be AT then
-remove the infantry bonus

If it's normal tank
-decrese Infantry Bonus to just %50

Overall, remove it's bonus against ships
Remove the building bonus
Make it 1 range like others or make it a 4 turn unit

I checked the Xls and it seems that there might also be a mistake on its penetration at 1km.

Since this game likes to use wikipedia as source, wikipedia of the gun of this tank states that it can only penetrate 75mm armor at 1km yet it's written there that it has 120mm armor penetration and probably so much lower if it's 2 range.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

DreJaDe wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:19 pm Yep, i agree that it's OP.

If it's normal tank

I checked the Xls and it seems that there might also be a mistake on its penetration at 1km.

Since this game likes to use wikipedia as source, wikipedia of the gun of this tank states that it can only penetrate 75mm armor at 1km yet it's written there that it has 120mm armor penetration and probably so much lower if it's 2 range.
here the source is not wiki but was thunder wiki

https://wiki.warthunder.com/Na-To

the bonuses are weird though
and no I didn't forgive her
so will be revised
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Jasondunkel wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:51 pm
DreJaDe wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:19 pm Yep, i agree that it's OP.

If it's normal tank

here the source is not wiki but was thunder wiki

https://wiki.warthunder.com/Na-To

the bonuses are weird though
and no I didn't forgive her
so will be revised
If a penetration of 88mm is still specified there at 2km, the shot is easily possible at this distance. As you have stated elsewhere, the first two tiles in the game are 2 km
and as a matter of fact this tank is easy to build . since it has no turet

Return to “Issues”