No counter to mines ACCEPTED_SOLUTION

DreJaDe

No counter to mines ACCEPTED_SOLUTION

Post by DreJaDe »

I suggest to add the same ability called "removing minefield" of engineer to some picked destroyers.

Sumner class
J-class
Gnwvny class
Type 1934A-Class
Momi Class
Soldati Class
Chacal class

Currently, there is no counter to sea mines other than putting your planes on their location or sacrificing your ships. Besides that, there's no other way.

So I suggest to add the ability that engineer currently have to the deatroyers I've listed.
Jasondunkel

Re: No counter to mines

Post by Jasondunkel »

DreJaDe wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:00 am I suggest to add the same ability called "removing minefield" of engineer to some picked destroyers.

Sumner class
J-class
Gnwvny class
Type 1934A-Class
Momi Class
Soldati Class
Chacal class

Currently, there is no counter to sea mines other than putting your planes on their location or sacrificing your ships. Besides that, there's no other way.

So I suggest to add the ability that engineer currently have to the deatroyers I've listed.
I agree with you.
At some point mine clearance ships were discussed, but since these only have the function of clearing mines, I would not want to bring them into play. In addition to the function of clearing mines, I would suggest that the depth charges can also destroy the mines
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, so shall i do these?
a) destroyer have bonus against mines (eg. one shotting them)
b) OR destroyer have a new ability to clear mines
c) OR make the depth charge to remove mines (btw. is it realistic? depth charge can destroy mines?)
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:46 pm ok, so shall i do these?
c) OR make the depth charge to remove mines (btw. is it realistic? depth charge can destroy mines?)
C. is not realistic

B. is the most realistic because there are a lot of ways to do it and explaining them would be a pain. Its just best to keep it in a general way.

Preferably, it should be as easy as putting mines. Making setting up and mine sweeping, an equal foe to each other.

A. can be also good but range difference of ships makes a difference. They also shoot the mines after all but not all like the ones below the sea.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

or as D) we cam make that all destroyers can "step" on mines without being hurt and by that they remove them.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:35 pm or as D) we cam make that all destroyers can "step" on mines without being hurt and by that they remove them.
That is kinda good too but, I like to keep the part were uncareful people blowing the mines up even if it's the destroyer.

I mean, that's usually the mines job

If others agree then I will too.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:46 pm ok, so shall i do these?
like drejade, I would also take suggestion B here.
I also see the proposal D we Drejade. careless movements should result in ships being damaged or destroyed. but there is still the problem of the movement quantity. when a route is planned, a path through a minefield is often taken even though it is known
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Hmmm, thinking about it. I got an idea from Jason to compromise with the idea of Stratego.

With addition to B. Reduce the bonus of mines to destroyers to just be +%100.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Jasondunkel wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:56 pm
like drejade, I would also take suggestion B here.
I also see the proposal D we Drejade. careless movements should result in ships being damaged or destroyed. but there is still the problem of the movement quantity. when a route is planned, a path through a minefield is often taken even though it is known
Yes! If the engine or whatever can identify that players have "seen" enemy mines, that nearby units take an alternative route.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

@Stratego (dev)

I think consensus have been reached here for

b) OR destroyer have a new ability to clear mines.

It's also honestly quite problematic.
Maybe an easy ability to this is like 1 range AA ability that can only attack mines and blow it up.

Since I think it's still not possible to redirect the course of your ships. I think this is fine for now.

Return to “Issues”