Sherman duck and some ships can't move in deepwater

Vinz91

Sherman duck and some ships can't move in deepwater

Post by Vinz91 »

Huge problem some destroyer (French one) and Sherman ducks can't go forward in deepwater and are blocked, it is the same for 194 GFP French gun and some French tanks in trench
TrueSlav

Re: Sherman duck and some ships can't move in deepwater

Post by TrueSlav »

Vinz91 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:16 pm Huge problem some destroyer (French one) and Sherman ducks can't go forward in deepwater and are blocked, it is the same for 194 GFP French gun and some French tanks in trench
That's intentional, "realism". I too appealed for that to be changed.
Support the new project set in the 1850s to the 1930s.
Forum link:
viewforum.php?f=359
Discord link:
https://discord.gg/BwnPATZtfr
Vinz91

Post by Vinz91 »

Ok but some units in the historical map are absolutely not usable.
TrueSlav

Post by TrueSlav »

that's why it should be changed
Forum link:
viewforum.php?f=359
Discord link:
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Agreed,

Even for realism's sake, the French Artillery piece should be able to move one tile regardless of it being in a trench. Unless, of course, it is next to a non-traversable terrain feature. This is a game we are talking about, not a hyperrealistic battle simulator. The same idea applies to the Duplex Drive Sherman tank.

+1 from me,
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Belfry777 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:41 pm Agreed,

Even for realism's sake, the French Artillery piece should be able to move one tile regardless of it being in a trench. Unless, of course, it is next to a non-traversable terrain feature. This is a game we are talking about, not a hyperrealistic battle simulator. The same idea applies to the Duplex Drive Sherman tank.

+1 from me,
yes we are talking about one, but it should be a little realistic. and it is therefore intended that the swimming sherman cannot move in deep water.
the thing about tanks not being able to move in trenches is actually also true. there were many units that got stuck in trenches. but we will probably change that,
the french destroyer should already be able to move in deep water.

here it would be important to know which problem we had briefly with the submarines.
TrueSlav

Post by TrueSlav »

Jasondunkel wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:07 pm

+1 from me,
yes we are talking about one, but it should be a little realistic. and it is therefore intended that the swimming sherman cannot move in deep water.
the thing about tanks not being able to move in trenches is actually also true. there were many units that got stuck in trenches. but we will probably change that,

here it would be important to know which problem we had briefly with the submarines.
The Sherman DD was although created to move in deep water, that's the entire point of the thing. So I dont see why it shouldn't be able to in game.
Forum link:
viewforum.php?f=359
Discord link:
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

TrueSlav wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:26 pm

+1 from me,

The Sherman DD was although created to move in deep water, that's the entire point of the thing. So I dont see why it shouldn't be able to in game.
wiki says that the sherman dd was deployed relatively close to the coast (max 4km), and before that was brought there by landing ships.
TrueSlav

Post by TrueSlav »

Jasondunkel wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:59 pm
TrueSlav wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:26 pm

wiki says that the sherman dd was deployed relatively close to the coast (max 4km), and before that was brought there by landing ships.
because it didn't work well on deep water, despite it being designed to do. So technically it could, but practically not. But then with that logic we could say the ratte shouldnt be able to move at all. so i don't really see why we cant negate the fact dd wasn't very good on water for gameplay's sake.
Forum link:
viewforum.php?f=359
Discord link:
Vinz91

Post by Vinz91 »

I agree for Sherman DD, but for instance 6 DD are stuck immediately at the beginning of the game. And then for French artillery and some French tanks should pass into the trenches because they were designed for it by French command (that was the first point that push their creation something armored able to break defense lines and trenches and why gun were put on mobile tractor)

Chacal class cannot go into deep water I don't understand why that make French nation unrealistic and weaker.

Thank you for understanding 😊
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

...yes we are talking about one, but it should be a little realistic. and it is therefore intended that the swimming sherman cannot move in deep water.
the thing about tanks not being able to move in trenches is actually also true. there were many units that got stuck in trenches. but we will probably change that...
With all do respect, good gameplay out weighs historical accuracy. Just because some tanks got stuck in some trenches doesn't mean we need to make that a reality in our game. Don't get me wrong, I do understand the need for realism, but our job is to incentive historical game play, not to force it on players. Consider this, the duplex drive sherman only moves one tile at a time. It also is super easy to destroy by any naval unit. These two factors will discourage any player from trying to sail the seven seas with this tank. The other reason that this Sherman must travel in "deep" water is because certain map makers use the dark blue and light blue water for color schemes and shapes. Should I be hindered from winning a campaign because of a map maker's creative taste? Of course not.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Vinz91

Post by Vinz91 »

You can modify the map where there is a problem with deepwater by removing it and then putting simple water
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Vinz91 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:57 pm I agree for Sherman DD, but for instance 6 DD are stuck immediately at the beginning of the game. And then for French artillery and some French tanks should pass into the trenches because they were designed for it by French command (that was the first point that push their creation something armored able to break defense lines and trenches and why gun were put on mobile tractor)

Chacal class cannot go into deep water I don't understand why that make French nation unrealistic and weaker.

Thank you for understanding 😊
the chacal class is a bug that will be fixed in any case should not be so

Just because tanks in the trenches were supposed to reinforce the defences doesn't mean they got out again.

Do you have sources for me, can you send them to me privately?
petsve4@web.de

Return to “Issues”