XP Farming

Harchie Hirondo

XP Farming

Post by Harchie Hirondo »

One of the things that I have noticed is that many players have been "farming" XP points through playing a lot of skirmish games.

I think that the XP gained through skirmish games should be reduced and the XP gained through multiplayer games be increased.
The AI is dumb(sorry to say this) so playing against them shouldn't give that much XP. Meanwhile, people are more intelligent than AI and they can also change their tactics or strategies upon facing a different situation, so I think that playing against players should give more XP points.
However, people might find new ways to play against themselves which could give them more XP points, I mean two accounts of the same person. Which I don't know how would this be fixed or resolved. :(
The war is inevitable! But what if....
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: XP Farming

Post by Stratego (dev) »

skirmish: i dont feel it a bad thing, if they play they get XP, you say too much? how many u see? it should be between 10-300 maybe little more if very very big very long game they played. if u see much more please tell me.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

I agree with Harchie here. If XP is intended to be a measure of raw skill the difference between Vs AI and Vs Real Intelligence does need to be factored in...
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

no XP mean Experience point. so how much u played. without filtering what type of game.

so XP is definitely not a measure of skill.

Return to “Issues”