Various bugs I found in map editor

Badnorth

Various bugs I found in map editor

Post by Badnorth »

Aura effects - Aura in m.e has severe a bug. It adds negative effects when the aura holder or the aura receiver goes out of range e.g. Centurion aura x legionnares - Centurion dies or the legionnares goes out of range = It's aura effects to the leggionares will turn negative.

Undo erases randomly: When pressing undo when you have a lot of things around or placed it erases random things.

Undo makes tiles black: similar to prev one, undo makes random tiles black upon pressing it ( when there is a lot of things around ).

Centurion hero lost : Centurion hero is LOST! I am thankful if you fix this, I have a quite large campaign where centurion is the antagonist and the protagonist aswell. I will gladly change the current centurion once fixed.

Effect glitches: similar to the first one when an archer is placed or summoned in a woods tile it doesnt receive the +1 p.armor.

Bridges bug: When placing a bridge terrain in a shallow water the land surrounds the bridge making it very annoying to deal with. Only Solution is to add d.water. But the d.water tile erases land tiles. Maybe because lack of images.

And to my guys in my games etc. Sorry I can't take my turns. I am having a problem with internet connection. The internet is so slow and cuts off so I can't google or play multiplayer properly. I can't post anything in the forums as my internet prevents it I can only observe what is happening from time to time. if u are wondering how I typed in post topic this is because some of this copy and pasted. And for the 4 men who sent me pm's I can't read them because my internet cuts of randomly I was just waiting a chance to post this.

I hope the dev fixes this. It would make life at map editor easier.

P.S: Stratego or endru please add "Copy" decorations. As of now "Copy" can only Copy terrain and units. Plus an off topic bug - priory factory has wrong or different occupied img.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
phoenixffyrnig

Re: Various bugs I found in map editor

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Hopefully the connection problems will get sorted soon Quaddy. Several of us already say we will give you time and wait for you.

Thanks for the new campaigns too, they will be my first single player in a while.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:58 pm Hopefully the connection problems will get sorted soon Quaddy. Several of us already say we will give you time and wait for you.

Thanks for the new campaigns too, they will be my first single player in a while.
Ok, my uncle somehow sorted it out. My load was converted to becoming a wifi of some sort. Idk. However tis very slow :(
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:44 pm Aura effects - Aura in m.e has severe a bug. It adds negative effects when the aura holder or the aura receiver goes out of range e.g. Centurion aura x legionnares - Centurion dies or the legionnares goes out of range = It's aura effects to the leggionares will turn negative.

Undo erases randomly: When pressing undo when you have a lot of things around or placed it erases random things.

Undo makes tiles black: similar to prev one, undo makes random tiles black upon pressing it ( when there is a lot of things around ).

Centurion hero lost : Centurion hero is LOST! I am thankful if you fix this, I have a quite large campaign where centurion is the antagonist and the protagonist aswell. I will gladly change the current centurion once fixed.

Effect glitches: similar to the first one when an archer is placed or summoned in a woods tile it doesnt receive the +1 p.armor.

Bridges bug: When placing a bridge terrain in a shallow water the land surrounds the bridge making it very annoying to deal with. Only Solution is to add d.water. But the d.water tile erases land tiles. Maybe because lack of images.

And to my guys in my games etc. Sorry I can't take my turns. I am having a problem with internet connection. The internet is so slow and cuts off so I can't google or play multiplayer properly. I can't post anything in the forums as my internet prevents it I can only observe what is happening from time to time. if u are wondering how I typed in post topic this is because some of this copy and pasted. And for the 4 men who sent me pm's I can't read them because my internet cuts of randomly I was just waiting a chance to post this.

I hope the dev fixes this. It would make life at map editor easier.

P.S: Stratego or endru please add "Copy" decorations. As of now "Copy" can only Copy terrain and units. Plus an off topic bug - priory factory has wrong or different occupied img.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!
Centurion hero - it was somehow removed from buildlist (should be in listNotBuild section). I added it again.
Bridges - terrain bridge is actually deprecated. Please use unit layer one. Both allied and enemy AI should use it normally.

Aura bugs - already known. I asked about fixing it already (it's engine bug).

So the only thing left are undo bugs - maybe separate topic concerning that should be created or this one named so.

Aura problems could have it's own as well - just to signify open issue.

Copy decorations is a feature add - should be written elsewhere. Maybe a post in Needs, priorities / Mapeditor related
Age of Strategy design leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Aura problem - Is it already fixed in dev version? ( negative effects ).
I accidentally sent a map to the dev with that engine bug.. It might affect the map making it impossible to win as all units have -1att -1/1 armor.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

In bridge, if the problem is the bridge terrain. The way to do it is to click the button besides the lock screen button.

It should work like if you put it in the map it wont change any other terrain besides it.

Return to “Map Editor”