Map Editor Bug: Random triggers have null errors.

SomeGuy

Map Editor Bug: Random triggers have null errors.

Post by SomeGuy »

After you send the map to the 'Own Maps' section several times, a null error appears in a random trigger, even though it has a condition and several effects.

If I copy the trigger exactly to a new trigger (i.e placing all Trigger 7's conditions and effects in Trigger 8) it works fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this? And if so, would it be fixable?
Who am I?
TheBluePhoenix

Re: Map Editor Bug: Random triggers have null errors.

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I have experienced this error and had a huge conversation over email which resulted in nothing after which i solved the problem in the very same way that you did- rewrite the trigger. I think it is a bug or something but dont think it is easily solvable as dev tried hard but couldnot find the error in the system in my case.
What was the trigger? Can u provide some details?
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Firstly, I make a map. After I send it to the 'Own Maps' section about 10 times, it displays the null error for a random trigger.

This time, Trigger 7 failed, but is different each time. In my last map, Trigger 6 failed. Before that, it was Trigger 3.

However, once I rewrite the trigger in a new trigger, that trigger never fails again.

But if there are lots of triggers, multiple triggers can stop working. With my map, 'The Bringer of Death', this occured at Triggers 2, 12 and 16, but I sent that one to the 'Own Maps' section a large number of times.

Most of the ones which failed were fairly long, at least 10 conditions or effects, but a few were shorter, one of them only had 4 conditions and effects.

I hope this helps.
Who am I?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Well if possible complete the map as yoU remake the triggers. After making it i will play it then comment on it
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

is it solved?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

No. Actually it is the same type of problem which we discussed on email about a trigger which was seemingly wrong in my egypt map but we couldnot find the mistake. Then i remade the trigger and that solved the problem. But nothing is done about it and i dont even know when is this repeated.

Return to “Map Editor”