Mapeditor:Map not immediately refreshing after editing ANSWERED

kurt278

Mapeditor:Map not immediately refreshing after editing ANSWERED

Post by kurt278 »

Small and unimportant bug, affecting only people playtesting their own maps:

When editing and testing a map inside the game, the game doesn't refresh the game the first time you play it (you get to restart on the old, unedited map); You have to restart a new game a second time to get the new version of the map.

Here is what I did:
- Build a map. Activate it, play it. Quit playing.
- Go back to editor, edit that map, add some new terrain feature so you know for sure which version of the map you're seeing.
- Save new version of map in editor, quit editor, activate game as own map
- Go to "Own maps", start game with that map, choose "Restart map". You get the old map (new feature missing). :shock:
- Quit game, immediately restart same map, choose "Restart map". Now you get the new map (new feature present).

As I said, not a show stopper... :mrgreen:
TheBluePhoenix

Re: Map not immediately refreshing after editing

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

You may try deleting the original map and reactivate the new map you made .this will replace the old map.and maybe if you have not noticed, theres a bigger problem than that- if you save the map without completing it, and then without changing anything in it if you continue the map, you will find that the map opens with some different scenario, not as you left it
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

kurt278

Post by kurt278 »

Deleting? Where, in the editor or in the play screen (aren't they linked?)?

As for the other issue, I don't think I've met it (yet). Then again I'm just exploring. (I'm definitely an avid level designer and will definitely make dozens and dozens of maps, eventually.)
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

You must longtap in the ownmaps section to delete activated games....
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
kurt278

Post by kurt278 »

Thanks. I feared they were linked and that I would delete my whole work in one fell sweep...

Return to “Map Editor”