Saved Maps Deleted after Reinstallation

MaharajaInfernape

Saved Maps Deleted after Reinstallation

Post by MaharajaInfernape »

All (two) my saved maps were deleted after I reinstalled the game.
Badnorth

Re: Saved Maps Deleted after Reinstallation

Post by Badnorth »

MaharajaInfernape wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:06 pm All (two) my saved maps were deleted after I reinstalled the game.
That is unfortunate. You won't be able to retrieve them unless you sent it to dev before reinstalling.

This is a thing most map makers encounter in life. I suggested to Dev to make saved maps be kept on accounts but it is not possible to do so in the current engine i believe.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

no, it was that way earlier - but took too much space and time on saving to server so i had to remove them.

i also thought "why would enyone unisntall?" - an uninstall can cause such problems in any app (eg. games that not even have accouns on server u lost everything on uninstall - now u lost only the drafts)
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

MaharajaInfernape wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:06 pm All (two) my saved maps were deleted after I reinstalled the game.
it's not just uninstalling the game that this happens, if you reformat the phone and even with your data back-up, in this case the game's too, you also lose your maps, I had 8 maps ready and I was just going to do it 2 more to send to the devs later, the error was mine and I didn't know either, but it's just a comment taking advantage of the subject and serving as a warning for those who don't know that this can also occur.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!

Return to “Map Editor”