Need more strategies and tactics for AI

Zolaes

Need more strategies and tactics for AI

Post by Zolaes »

I don't like AI keeps charging walls unorganized,

I suggest making them a little bit smarter, like making them sending units to the undefended territory or making them have a cavalry charge, and defender units infront when there are many enemy archers like they know how to counter units for good, we still defeat the Ai anyways we humans are smarter but atleast that still makes the experience more better.
I am Offizier and I don't pay taxes
godOfKings

Re: Need more strategies and tactics for AI

Post by godOfKings »

What we really need is to configure ai that if enemy has any kind of tower or wall fortification, ai should make wagon/battering ram/catapult/ siege tower, and send anti building infantry via wagon, also may b worker is configured to start building castle in the closest available space to build one
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Zolaes

Post by Zolaes »

That is also another one I like

anyway how to reply someone?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

@Stratego (dev)

How about ai workers follow this priority list:

Priority 1. Make something adjacent to tc like factory/tower

2. Make castle on the first empty available space
( whether there is empty available space can b checked this way, if left or right check first 3 tiles in the row adjacent to worker is plain terrain and has no obstacle terrain/ unit, if it is clear then check the 3 tiles above and below current row and if they r clear then place castle, similar way i think above and below worker can also b checked)

2.1 if a castle is under construction, worker can go to build that castle if it cannot build a castle close to itself

3. Build bridges to cross water and reach the next closest tc position

4. If enemy player has built any fortification, then worker can randomly make one of the following, with appropriate weight on which is made more often:
Wagon
Ram
Siege tower
Catapult

Also remove tc exploration and attacking enemy behavior from ai workers

Or we can give building bridge a higher priority than castle
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

would be good, but i dont see any time for that to make, i am trying to finish unity version and that is still in danger already.

also:
- making castle: there is anoither problem: AI can accidentally block itself out from the whole map with a wrong placed - long built castle (this is not that big problem with the little buildings as they are ready in short time)
- bridge: there is already a bridge building logic activated in AOS is that ok?
- worker to build siege machines: again problem that those take many many tunrns, it can block out itself from accessing the map. also AI should be aware how far is the enemy (now it does nto know) as all builder will get killed easily if it is too close to enemy.

also i get MANY MANY complaints that AI is already too clever / hard :)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

First, castle isnt unlimited, like for 4 tcs u get 1 castle only

Second, first priority is current way where build tower and factory next to tc first, so by the time worker fulfills first priority, the explorer light cav will already finish capturing nearby tcs

Current bridge building logic works, i think it can b no. 2, while castle building is no. 3, also if ai makes at most 1 worker for each tc, and takes 8 to 20 turns to finish each siege, its just 1 siege unit taking 1 tile space, so very rare to block themselves, and even if ai gets blocked, its still better if they finish a castle, as well as build up a large army, than current logic where ai immediately sends each unit they make without formation or strategy, as well as current worker logic where they send themselves to their death after only finishing priority 1

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Ofcourse, its just gathering ideas and not necessarily need to b implemented immediately or anything

Zolaes

Post by Zolaes »

Ok
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Actually one of the things I was thinking about was to suggesting adding a higher AI difficulty, that would be the replacement in multiplayer games, and wouldn't be as boring to play against. The problem with that is... It takes a lot of effort to make an AI that's at the same time more challenging and fair to play against. Stratego is already very busy with the Unity version, and I haven't been able to touch the new TC generation code in weeks, so I don't think it could be done anytime soon.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Zolaes

Post by Zolaes »

b2198 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:58 pm Actually one of the things I was thinking about was to suggesting adding a higher AI difficulty, that would be the replacement in multiplayer games, and wouldn't be as boring to play against. The problem with that is... It takes a lot of effort to make an AI that's at the same time more challenging and fair to play against. Stratego is already very busy with the Unity version, and I haven't been able to touch the new TC generation code in weeks, so I don't think it could be done anytime soon.
yeah

Return to “AI”