AI and Mines?

Aral_Yaren

AI and Mines?

Post by Aral_Yaren »

I tested in ME using mines, somehow AI didn't produce valuables (until turn 13 with 5 mines). Is this random case or intended? Also I have map where unguarded mine is pretty much occupiable, yet AI kept destroying it - while they just need to occupy the building like TC and bridge. Is that also random or intended?
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Re: AI and Mines?

Post by Endru1241 »

AI doesn't know how to use money courier like things, so they are never produced.
And mines don't have anything but that.

Mines are not treated as occupy target for the same reason - they would be useless for AI.
Although I don't completely agree with that.
Age of Strategy design leader
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Ah so that it is. Can AI use it the way it should? Like carts have priority to go to certain target - minerals to worker, salt to merc, valuables to production base and so forth? Might be good for AI.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

It would need completely new task for AI.
And who knows how much debugging.

So I'd say there is some doubt in me if stratego would take this topic anytime soon.
But I was surprised more than once by sudden implementation so who knows?
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “AI”