Broken campaign map Revenge - Two Kingdoms

phoenixffyrnig

Broken campaign map Revenge - Two Kingdoms

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Good map in a good campaign. Something seems to have fallen out of whack in the last map though. Myself and others have 3 starred it in the past, but now there seems to be some trigger issues making it impossible - particularly to do with it being impossible to keep the princess alive in the top room at the end.

Is there a separate topic where we can bring all broken campaign maps to the same place rather than doing each one individually? I couldn't find one.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
tamtam12345

Re: Broken campaign map Revenge - Two Kingdoms

Post by tamtam12345 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:45 am but now there seems to be some trigger issues making it impossible - particularly to do with it being impossible to keep the princess alive in the top room at the end.
Tested today. It's true. I take a look into triggers. Gates are removed at start (trigger 1, by reducing some gates 80 hp.) so the princess could be killed easily. Also, you can see many "breakout!" messages because the map creator @Disco use triggers (when specific gate was destroyed) to enable enemy's movement. Maybe someone found that enable emeny trigger is bad by relying on destruction. Someone might accidentally added the gate near the princess so map became impossible to win.

I suggest: Remove eff(change HpMax in area 3/18) in trigger 1. I think it can tackle the problem but I don't have much time to fix&test it.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

@Aral_Yaren did some testing too, trialling different routes - I think he said some work as they should do. Can you confirm please Aral?
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

I'd tried western route: only brought the 4 starting units. I'd tried a couple times bringing converted units into deeper part of werstern area (outside the gate near a pond), but it seemed to trigger enemy activation. Entire enemy inc those in the main palace (with bannerman, not king's place).

So I tried bringing the mentioned 4 units only, and left those converted units in the place they were. No AI notified them until I was in the next cellar, this triggered (what the...) and only some units around. Then I saw the princess... and a knight templar... and a gate. But after got close, the king's units activated and immediately killed the templar. Luckily I knocked a hole in her wall, took her away while dealing the enemy 1by1. At the end, I 3 starred it in exact 34 turns.

That's what I tried, tho still possible to go eastern area (not tried it) but I remember 2 starred it through the center, without the (breakout) shots at the start.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I had 3 starred it before, not only me but many. And what could happened in it if no one else edited it. Checked 4 times. I couldn't let her survive the mace blow.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Thats because it shouldnt be that way: she was attacked too early before you go to king's place, and the door is already destroyed, now.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...

Return to “Maps”