Land based item blocking water tiles

phoenixffyrnig

Land based item blocking water tiles

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

This seems to be the main culprit, that palm tree from obstd in map editor, affecting multiple maps. Although it is possible to put land based obstacles on water in ME, it would clearly be silly to put say, a cactus or grave stone in the middle of a body of water.

Where this one slips through the net is exemplified by the image above - auto tiling puts a tiny little bit of sea shore on the adjacent water tile, which corresponds with the placement of this trees trunk. Well fair enough, it looks quite good, but I don't think a land based tree should be blocking passage to water units.

Infact, all obstd items are specifically land based, so is it possible to remove their ability to block water tiles, or can that distinction not be made?
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Endru1241

Re: Land based item blocking water tiles

Post by Endru1241 »

The water is not a problem here.

If the same palm tree would be placed similarly on edge of new terrain elevation it would also indicate, that units should be able to normally move through similar tile.

Although changing it to be pure decoration is not good too.
When it would be placed differently, normally blocking vertical movement - it would look weird to allow unit passage.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Maps”