45 Degree Hell map is broken. IMPLEMENTED

phoenixffyrnig

45 Degree Hell map is broken. IMPLEMENTED

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Err, yeah, somethings gone wrong. I think this map needs to be reset as a map with fixed start points and pre set TCs.

Upon different tests, random TC and start spawn (on top of the 8 preset TCs) can place you in the water corners, completely cut off from the rest of the map, or in the wooded corners which takes too much terrain clearing to have a chance in the upcoming fight.

It is my guess that it was designed as a preset TC map, but has not been presented that way, so random spawn can seriously break it. As in make it unwinnable, un-finishable.

(Can someone please confirm - I am dabbling in Map Editing atm

In order to make a map with a fixed number of players AND preset TCs, does this need to be created as a skirmish map rather than a random map?

And can these skirmish maps then be submitted to Dev to become multiplayer maps?)
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
phoenixffyrnig

Re: 45 Degree Hell map is broken.

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Upon further curious investigation, it would seem the Clash at Spee map also suffers the same problem - numerous launches with different variables indicate this too was meant to be a pre-set TC only map, again, presumably for a specific number of players.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

45 degree hell map has been disabled temporarily, and emailed to mapdesigner asking for fix.
I also saw not nicely blending tiles on top-left corner.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

clash at spee seems ok for me, this is practically a "only-ground" map and all tiles have access by ground units - so like a "greenfield" map. so seems ok for me.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:32 am clash at spee seems ok for me, this is practically a "only-ground" map and all tiles have access by ground units - so like a "greenfield" map. so seems ok for me.
Sorry, poorly explained by me.
Clash at Spee is playable, but this map also applies random TC spawn on top of the 6 pre set TCs which can give some bizarre start positions.

It's not broken, just not set up right. Probably the same designer going off the looks of the maps.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: 45 Degree Hell map is broken. IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok i wrote to him about this too - i hope he will join the forum and talk about the solutions here.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: 45 Degree Hell map is broken. IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Awesome! i receved fixed on both maps! in next update will be in - thanks!

Return to “Maps”