Chariots Cannot Enter Wagon ANSWERED

Aral_Yaren

Chariots Cannot Enter Wagon ANSWERED

Post by Aral_Yaren »

I've tried this in Skirmish map and ME too, seeing any chariots (both chariots and chariot archers) cannot enter wagon in any mode (heavy upgrade, scythian wheelblades etc). Is this bug?

Stay healthy friends!
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Re: Chariots Cannot Enter Wagon

Post by Endru1241 »

Nope.

No chariot can be carried by wagon.

I am also planning to disallow any remaining mounted units, but still haven't gotten idea for something that would be given them instead to balance things out.

For chariots the bonus is that with tech upgrade every chariot is a carrier itself.
Although if I remember right chariot was never carriable by wagon, probably designed like that, because of flavour.
Age of Strategy design leader
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:53 pm
....but still haven't gotten idea for something that would be given them instead to balance things out.
What exactly are you wanting here Endru, a non-specific something that boosts long distance transport of Cavalry, or do you have something specific in mind?

Reading what you wrote, I had the idea of a Posting Station, basically a stables where you could swap your knackered horses for fresh ones and carry on your ride. So in practice, I was thinking of a non-production building that would "refresh" any horse unit that reaches it and give it another movement.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

:lol: just make a chain of these buildings to infinitely move cavalry around the map
AOD Team - Join Us!
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Squirrel5555 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:37 pm :lol: just make a chain of these buildings to infinitely move cavalry around the map
Already thought of that, it's what I used to do with siege weapons and wagons, and towers spaced every 5 squares :lol:

Yes, there would need to be limits, egs,
Non-stackable, so only one use per unit
A finite number of uses for the building (obviously you could only fit so many horses into a given space)
Only a partial boost, 66 or 75% to reflect the fatigue of the rider
Sacrifice attack for the extra movement etc etc

Trust me @Squirrel5555, I'm always thinking about sneaky tricks and loopholes :D :twisted:
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

More than one movement in a turn is impossible in the engine anyway.
It is planned to be changed, but the idea is sitting there quite a long time already.

But the idea of building is great.
Maybe just make it have 1-3 turn buff giving 1-2 speed?
E.g. 1 speed at start and 2 after some research?
Stables could have this ability too (or just upgraded ones).
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Nice :) the specific details can be whatever you want them to be, to fit in with the million-and-one other ideas buzzing around in your mind - the concept just happened to be in that beautiful middle ground between your desires and my idea :D

JK - I really don't care who's idea is who's, I just love how this game keeps getting better and more involved :) Allow me to raise a bottle of (phoenix branded) beer in salute to your's and Dev's hard work.

I do wish there was a "What is Endru currently working on" thread, but we've already spoken about this, and I fully appreciate your views on it....guess I will just have to learn to be patient and wait for the next update :D
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

We have in aof forced movement AKA teleportation of unit itself.

Just in case.

Alas i am thinking about giving for cavalry ability to charge (bonus speed for all and bonus attack for melee at cost of lower armor).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Using teleport effect would probably ignore traps. That's not good.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Probably. Also another problem is the fact that for now it allows to teleport caster only.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Units/techs/effects”