Frisian horse bug FIXED

Badnorth

Frisian horse bug FIXED

Post by Badnorth »

Encountered while in multiplayer - cannot give specific details.
@Endru1241
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Badnorth

Re: Frisian horse bug

Post by Badnorth »

I was disoriented when I saw a moving and attacking frisian horse.
It is impossible to kill .

This is a bet game btw, pls fix.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

that happened to me and noaharts once on our game. he cant see his buged unit but the bugged unit is destroying me. I believe its because of a multiplayer game asset loading error like what happened was the game downloads the incirrect data making a random unit with random img and everything but im still not sure
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Seems troublesome, I plan to forfeit my game with that frisian horse in the enemy team , I'll not join multiplayer bet matches for a while .
I have to say goodbye to my 1 gem .
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

use abilities thats the only way to counter them. I survived 2 of these bugged units

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Abilities ? Like throw taiah ? Mmh , I'll just forfeit its only 1 gem anyways.
I only have now is 4 gems :P
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I shouldn't have bought praetorian if I wasn't gonna use him in a single game.
What a waste :(
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

It seems like frisian horse got +1 to many stats, including dodge chances ( which are not even used in AoS).
Did this unit exist before or just appeared out of nowhere on loading?
Age of Strategy design leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Idk the enemy team has it , I only noticed the frisian horse was alive when it was close to my tc Then I checked its stats . This is troublesome what if it happens to a player in a 10gem bet game? short answer : its free gems .
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

We need to know what triggers this though .
It needs to be fixed .
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Slightly on topic, I have noticed Frisian horses do not receive burn damage. I can fully understand if that is the intended situation, I don't imagine they were highly flammable, but they are described as "burnable". I think either the description needs to be removed, or burning effect applied.

(I have tested this in several games, they take -1 damage immediately from the burning attack, but do not lose any more hp by the next turn, even with several burning icons)
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:08 pm Slightly on topic, I have noticed Frisian horses do not receive burn damage. I can fully understand if that is the intended situation, I don't imagine they were highly flammable, but they are described as "burnable". I think either the description needs to be removed, or burning effect applied.

(I have tested this in several games, they take -1 damage immediately from the burning attack, but do not lose any more hp by the next turn, even with several burning icons)
I have tested it against AI just a moment ago - it works normally, frisian horse gets 4 damage from fire eveey turn, just like intended.

Does your tests use this "special", bugged frisian horse or regular one?
Do burning and other repetive effects (e.g. poison -4hp, herbal protection +2hp) work normally against other targets?
Age of Strategy design leader
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:09 pm
I have tested it against AI just a moment ago - it works normally, frisian horse gets 4 damage from fire eveey turn, just like intended.

Does your tests use this "special", bugged frisian horse or regular one?
Do burning and other repetive effects (e.g. poison -4hp, herbal protection +2hp) work normally against other targets?
Really? Ok, this is weird. I have not tested it Vs AI, but in multiplayer, like I say, several times. I suspected burn effect wasn't working a few weeks ago, so kept a track of it, sometimes deliberately "burning " a Frisian horse just for the sake of it, including in one game giving burn attack every turn from a tower until the successive -1s killed it - it didn't once receive the burn damage.

And yes, just normal Frisian horses, I haven't seen a live one yet. As far as I'm aware, my other repetitive effects work fine, and burn effect works fine on other things, buildings, siege, ships etc.

I will keep an eye on this and re-confirm, but this has been the case for me even after the most recent update, I'm sure.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Addendum - I too have just tested it Vs AI and you are quite right, the -4 does apply, but I'm convinced this is not the case in MP. I will check again ASAP in MP, but I am convinced it is not the case. I will get back to you
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

At my experience fighting a bigged unit. It wasa bugged hungarian hussar and a bugged War elephant. My enemy doesnt even noticed he have a unit like that we even sent screenshots to each other the bugged unit only shows up to me. I really think its some kind of loading error.@noaharts@ dude If youve went online help me explain.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Hm so it happens to other units too..
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:42 pm Addendum - I too have just tested it Vs AI and you are quite right, the -4 does apply, but I'm convinced this is not the case in MP. I will check again ASAP in MP, but I am convinced it is not the case. I will get back to you
I have finally gotten to the bottom of this riddle @Endru1241 - turns out we were both right, but I hadn't noticed an important variable that would have explained it all.

It seems that burn damage does not take place on a resigned multiplayer's constructs - the fire icons stack up, but no hp minus is incurred except for the missile attack. Perhaps because burn damage happens at the start of a turn, but it is never a resigned player's turn because his forces are inert? Presumably the same thing would occur with poison effect.

Not exactly important, or much of a problem, but I suspect you and I share a preference for explanations and knowledge over ignorance :D Now let's just ignore the bit where it looks like my definition of ASAP is ten and a half months! :lol:
godOfKings

Re: Frisian horse bug FIXED

Post by godOfKings »

Once i spent more than 10 turns of persuasion to capture 2 factories belonging to resigned player, it only worked because older lower resist last turn didnt decrease for resigned player
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Units/techs/effects”