Three malfunctions in the operation of the monastery

Jerzy1241

Three malfunctions in the operation of the monastery

Post by Jerzy1241 »

1. The monastery can heal itself as a building.
2. It is impossible to manually expose propaganda from a monastery to a given unit, but only to your own monastery.
3. The monastery automatically exposes propaganda to its own units.
godOfKings

Re: Three malfunctions in the operation of the monastery

Post by godOfKings »

@Endru1241 read these problems
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Jerzy1241 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:12 pm 1. The monastery can heal itself as a building.
2. It is impossible to manually expose propaganda from a monastery to a given unit, but only to your own monastery.
I tested 1st and I cannot replicate problem.
It stays damaged.
I tested 2nd and it's not true.
Dismiss Propaganda can be casted at other units and removes proper effects turns.
Unless you mean inside - that is not possible by this type of effect and would need considerable changes. Normally affecting units inside carriers is not possible. I made 1 effect working like that, but it was a challenge. For dismiss propaganda it would work good.
3rd - I guess it's general problem, that should be solved by making dismiss propaganda not possible to be casted at self.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:25 pm
Jerzy1241 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:12 pm 1. The monastery can heal itself as a building.
It stays damaged.
Dismiss Propaganda can be casted at other units and removes proper effects turns.
Unless you mean inside - that is not possible by this type of effect and would need considerable changes. Normally affecting units inside carriers is not possible. I made 1 effect working like that, but it was a challenge. For dismiss propaganda it would work good.
3rd - I guess it's general problem, that should be solved by making dismiss propaganda not possible to be casted at self.
I think the 3rd is more of a problem with dismiss propaganda being autocasted. It usually removes my promote loyalties if I don't remember to tell it to "hold position" every turn it's not being used (which is most of them).

Also isn't demoralize an effect that's able to be cast on units in buildings (at least for those that don't protect units inside, like TCs and ruined fortresses), or do you mean something like assassination sweep inside, that can target any carrier?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

b2198 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:26 am
Endru1241 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:25 pm
It stays damaged.
I think the 3rd is more of a problem with dismiss propaganda being autocasted. It usually removes my promote loyalties if I don't remember to tell it to "hold position" every turn it's not being used (which is most of them).

Also isn't demoralize an effect that's able to be cast on units in buildings (at least for those that don't protect units inside, like TCs and ruined fortresses), or do you mean something like assassination sweep inside, that can target any carrier?
Autocast of dismiss propaganda wouldn't affect monasteries promote loyalty, as they cannot get it.
I think it's more about single monastery being literally impossible to be converted, unlike castle.

Dismiss propaganda removing Promote loyalty can be annoying, but it has to be solved differently.
Age of Strategy design leader
Jerzy1241

Post by Jerzy1241 »

Well, I have such problems, so I wrote. At point 3, of course, I meant what green user wrote.

Return to “Units/techs/effects”