To sacrifice units within another unit/carrier

Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

To sacrifice units within another unit/carrier

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Actually this is a general problem in all ao variants I tried, and now im asking whether there is a possibility i am unaware of to overcome this issue in AoC.

The summon ability, which uses fodder units sacrificed to summon, isn't sacrificing units which are in another building/carrier in the range, or over a bridge like unit. So, in congested areas where there isn't much space to spread units around, it should be able to be placed over bridges (or tunnels over mountains specifically in my case) so that they are counted as possible sacrificial units and not the bridges itself.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: To sacrifice units within another unit/carrier

Post by Stratego (dev) »

moved to issues, and this should be harmonized with the other request to being able to "select" what to sacrifice (so not being random), as units in a TC should also be selectable somehow - and i have no idea how to select them manually.

any visual suggestion would help.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

What about how when a targettable unit is inside tc the tc itself can b targeted by spell, for example bard can target tc for the spell when a nordic unit is inside, and the unit getting the spell is the first nordic unit to b reached in the same order as when enemy attacks tc, cant the sacrifice spell also target the tc if a targettable unit is inside and the spell applies on the first unit that is reached when multiple units r garrisoned in the same tc?

As for the summoned unit itself i guess it can still b randomly placed as long as there is an adjacent free space or empty garrison space

The first check is if there is space to place summoned unit, if no space then spell will cancelled with a message like 'no space to place unit'.
Then the second check can b done which is if there is any adjacent sacrifice unit and if its value is same as summon cost
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

cant the sacrifice spell also target the tc
it is not good as not only sumons can have sacrifice cost, so you still might need to select your target enemy or ally target, and beside this somehow selecting the untis to sacrifice.

so still need some suggetion how to make it visually.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

What about giving full freedom to the user to select the unit to sacrifice, if selected unit is a valid target and adjacent to summoner it will have the same green shade that is used whenever deciding construction of a new building,

If the unit selected is a carrier with the sacrifice unit in garrison it will immediately open garrison menu so player can select sacrifice unit inside with the same green shade,

If unit selected is not a valid target or carrier or it is a carrier without any garrison, the spell will b immediately canceled,

After player selected all the valid units he wants to sacrifice he can press a separate button that only appears when choosing a spell to summon/sacrifice and the button can b called confirm selection/sacrifice?/ ok? Etc.

After pressing the button, the game gives a final check to compare if value of sacrificed units is equal to or greater than summon/spell cost then spell will work, or spell will b cancelled with a message that says not enough sacrifice to cast spell/summon
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i think the garrisoned part is not so good - what if caster is between 2 tc-s?

my idea:

- appears a series of buttons either bove caster, or simply above the ability button line (next line)
- on those new button the possible sacrificable units appear (with their hp)
- and before casing the spell you need to select the needed amount of units to sactifice
- and a new "execute cast" button gets enabled to really cast the spell (maybe we need such for all spells as i think some accuidental castings happen sometimes as we dont have it eg. on reanimations)

Return to “Units/techs/effects”